The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who do people keep calling Kassian a power forward?

vcrguy

I agree he's a tough s.o.b. (ask Ben Eager's face). But he's not a power forward!

A power forward is someone who throws their body around, crushes people against the boards, drives to the net, makes their precence felt all the time (e.g. Lucic, Forsberg, Lindros, etc.).

Nazem Kadri almost had as many hits as he did last year. A guy named "Lauri" on Phoenix had more. So did "The Beast" Nik Antropov!

Really? Is he a power forward, or is he a gentle giant who tip toes around the ice until someone makes him mad enough to fight?

Well, Nazim played 9 more games and got way the more ice time than Zack. I'm going to go out on a limb and say ALL three of those guys got significantly more ice time than him given Zack dwelled in the bottom six most of the season.

But yes, being big doesn't mean you're powerful.

Well, Nazim played 9 more games and got way the more ice time than Zack. I'm going to go out on a limb and say ALL three of those guys got significantly more ice time than him given Zack dwelled in the bottom six most of the season.

But yes, being big doesn't mean you're powerful.

I would say ice time is earned. So if he didn't get it, its probably because he didn't play like a "power forward".

Also, for Tangelos, does that mean Mario Lemieux was a power forward? Height counts in basketball, not hockey.

I agree he's a tough s.o.b. (ask Ben Eager's face). But he's not a power forward!

A power forward is someone who throws their body around, crushes people against the boards, drives to the net, makes their precence felt all the time (e.g. Lucic, Forsberg, Lindros, etc.).

Nazem Kadri almost had as many hits as he did last year. A guy named "Lauri" on Phoenix had more. So did "The Beast" Nik Antropov!

Really? Is he a power forward, or is he a gentle giant who tip toes around the ice until someone makes him mad enough to fight?

Clearly you didn't watch him on the Wolves.

He is a prototypical power forward. He struggled last season with consistency because he's still young and learning what it takes.

Like others have said, Tortorella will tell him exactly what he expects from him. AV seemed to just take away his ice time when he didn't play well enough.

With his size, toughness, and ability to protect the puck, he has all the tools to be a great power forward.

Clearly you didn't watch him on the Wolves.

He is a prototypical power forward. He struggled last season with consistency because he's still young and learning what it takes.

Like others have said, Tortorella will tell him exactly what he expects from him. AV seemed to just take away his ice time when he didn't play well enough.

With his size, toughness, and ability to protect the puck, he has all the tools to be a great power forward.

Archived