The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

And now it's global COOLING! Record return of Arctic ice cap as it grows by 60% in a year

babych

The MET weather office in Great Britain -- a major global weather authority -- is on record saying there has been no global increase in temperature since 1997.

The source of the info is legit... The question is why it hasn't been reported in mainstream news, and why it isn't impacting policy, given the info has been available for at least a year (I actually came across this stuff in 2012 while working on an environmental story here in Saskatchewan).

It's pretty interesting but think of 10 year weather patterns in terms of the earths lifespan, not your own... Warming, cooling, it's all essentially irrelevant and very hard to observe as the equivalent of an ant in this equation.

Sorry, but having worked in the high arctic in the last 5 years in northern Greenland where it was 23 degrees at 3 in the morning I will wait and see a longer field of research before breathing a sigh of relief. especially after it hit 32 degrees in the last 2 weeks in Whitehorse and 29 in yellowknife.

I grew up in Whitehorse, lived there for a couple decades, and I'd just like to say that the summers there are typically quite warm, so that's not at all surprising to me, and I don't think it really adds merit to the point you're making (not that I disagree with your point, I just think Whitehorse is a bad example). I think a lot of it has to do with the mountain range between Whitehorse and Skagway (less precipitation,etc.), but I'm no climate expert. I just know that it's not odd for Whitehorse to get hot, and I don't think that's a new trend.

I started with them at age 28. I am an ironworker/machinist by trade but couldn't find work after my last contract so I had a friend in the industry he got me in with Geo Tech Drilling out of Prince George and we went from Nunavut, Ontario, Saskatchewan, Belize, Northern China, Turkey Norway Iceland and Greenland where I got hurt on my 29th birthday.

Brilliant job pays incredibly well and the only real fears you've got is camp cooking and missing home. Oh and poor drilling assistants

Archived