The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Declassified

Alchemy Time

I thought you got it right CA, the Watcher sees who visited who, I actually think he/she should be able to see who visited who even before the Lynch!

Ok, here's my opinion of the Watcher role and why I voted "No" for this particular game. The Watcher role is sweet if the Mafia have only one team and have the Kingpin. In a game like that, the TP could use that role and it wouldn't be too powerful. In the current setting, the Watcher could potentially be a ridiculously powerful role. The mafia got INSANELY lucky last game because if they didn't choose Kiwis to die, the Vig and I would have been put together and we could police the alliance without them knowing. The Lackey would be a fairly easy target if he/she suspects who a special is and blocks the same person being Watched.

With two mafia teams and no Kingpins, definitely no Watcher.

Yeah, I'll be honest here. I'm not so keen on playing with two mafia teams myself. I remember the one other game we did it, the mafias were dead by about round 4 from both sides, and the SK ended up winning. However the game ended up getting pretty dead from that point forward.

It could've been one game for all I know though, and this game COULD be different.

I thought you got it right CA, the Watcher sees who visited who, I actually think he/she should be able to see who visited who even before the Lynch!

Ok, here's my opinion of the Watcher role and why I voted "No" for this particular game. The Watcher role is sweet if the Mafia have only one team and have the Kingpin. In a game like that, the TP could use that role and it wouldn't be too powerful. In the current setting, the Watcher could potentially be a ridiculously powerful role. The mafia got INSANELY lucky last game because if they didn't choose Kiwis to die, the Vig and I would have been put together and we could police the alliance without them knowing. The Lackey would be a fairly easy target if he/she suspects who a special is and blocks the same person being Watched.

With two mafia teams and no Kingpins, definitely no Watcher.

Huge thumbs up on the inclusion of the Med Kit. It's so unpredictable and adds a nice little twist to the game, in my mind.

I think the Watcher's a neat role, but not something that should be included in every game. I'm indifferent towards having it in this game, but I voted yes in the poll.

Never been a fan of the two Mafia teams personally, but I don't mind it once in a while. I'd rather not have both teams in this game, but it's not a big deal for me.

No to including Kingpins. This would overpower the hell out of the Mafia and the TPs wouldn't have a chance.

Due to unforeseen circumstances I won't be able to host Friday and maybe Saturday

In the event that the game lasts that long, I've asked Peaches to step in as the temporary host during that time. I'm also thinking about accelerating the starting time to tonight. Would anybody have a problem with that?

EDIT: Made a poll

Maybe Intoewsables would like to do it since he won't be alive? If he's alive, I'm sure one of the dead players would be willing to step up and do it by that point. Might as well let Peaches play.

• Kingpins would make each mafia team very overpowered.

• Might as well start tonight since we have enough players.

• No preference on the watcher either way.

Maybe Intoewsables would like to do it since he won't be alive? If he's alive, I'm sure one of the dead players would be willing to step up and do it by that point. Might as well let Peaches play.

• Kingpins would make each mafia team very overpowered.

• Might as well start tonight since we have enough players.

• No preference on the watcher either way.

Archived