The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Kadri, multiple options

Plum

I just want to play devils advocate here.

Cody Franson is from Salmon Arm BC. His brother Cain Franson just hit the young stars tourney for Vancouver this weekend.

He is 6 foot 5 inches and currently listed at 228 pounds. Has played a total of 243 games in this league, healthy I might add for the most part and has scored 100 points in the regular season. He has played 23 games for 13 points in the playoffs in his career.

If this guy doesn't scream offer sheet who does? He's local, young potential family tie with the team big skates well scored helps in clutch situations and I might add....shoots right

Offer his camp $2.2 million a year.

Reason why? According to Mckenzie, Kadri is asking for $7 million over 2 years for a bridge contract and the Leafs are offering $5.7 million. Now with Mckenzie I am inclined to believe there's some monetary truth to that.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=431512

The Leafs reportedly have roughly $5 million in cap space. At $2.2 or even $2.3 million this handcuffs the Leafs. They need Kadri at center have no buyouts left and a stable of comparable young defensemen including young Morgan Reilly.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=431429

The Leafs would quite literally have to let him make the decision to sign or to counter and risk losing Kadri which for the future of the team they absolutely cannot do.

Your defensemen for the Canucks. Bieksa, Edler, Garrison, Tanev, Hamhuis. Weber Alberts Corrado (in no particular order) Add in Franson and the young depth we saw in Penticton including Tommernes, Guilmond, Cederholm and Subban in the near future (2-4 years) that is depth that cannot be overlooked on the blueline with size and or skill spread throughout.

Any worry of future offer sheets would be tempered by the fact the cap is rising and could be $90 million by 2020, the Canucks are a cap team and would have room or depth to bargain from a position of if not power at least comfortability in being able to offer our RFA's a chance to seriously compete.

If $2.3 million gets Cody Franson out of Toronto, one would be crazy to not see if it was an option.

How...much cap room do we have again?

I just want to play devils advocate here.

Cody Franson is from Salmon Arm BC. His brother Cain Franson just hit the young stars tourney for Vancouver this weekend.

He is 6 foot 5 inches and currently listed at 228 pounds. Has played a total of 243 games in this league, healthy I might add for the most part and has scored 100 points in the regular season. He has played 23 games for 13 points in the playoffs in his career.

If this guy doesn't scream offer sheet who does? He's local, young potential family tie with the team big skates well scored helps in clutch situations and I might add....shoots right

Offer his camp $2.2 million a year.

Reason why? According to Mckenzie, Kadri is asking for $7 million over 2 years for a bridge contract and the Leafs are offering $5.7 million. Now with Mckenzie I am inclined to believe there's some monetary truth to that.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=431512

The Leafs reportedly have roughly $5 million in cap space. At $2.2 or even $2.3 million this handcuffs the Leafs. They need Kadri at center have no buyouts left and a stable of comparable young defensemen including young Morgan Reilly.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=431429

The Leafs would quite literally have to let him make the decision to sign or to counter and risk losing Kadri which for the future of the team they absolutely cannot do.

Your defensemen for the Canucks. Bieksa, Edler, Garrison, Tanev, Hamhuis. Weber Alberts Corrado (in no particular order) Add in Franson and the young depth we saw in Penticton including Tommernes, Guilmond, Cederholm and Subban in the near future (2-4 years) that is depth that cannot be overlooked on the blueline with size and or skill spread throughout.

Any worry of future offer sheets would be tempered by the fact the cap is rising and could be $90 million by 2020, the Canucks are a cap team and would have room or depth to bargain from a position of if not power at least comfortability in being able to offer our RFA's a chance to seriously compete.

If $2.3 million gets Cody Franson out of Toronto, one would be crazy to not see if it was an option.

How...much cap room do we have again?

Toronto can get way more for liles, they could probably get a 3rd round pick for liles not anthony, who is a nobody. And we don't have the cap space. Why would we want kadri for a 1st and 3rd? And 5 million? He hanst proved he's worth it yet. And I personally don't think he is, he startd great but tailed off near the end and the playoffs, and that's in a 48 game season, imagine how bad he would have done in a 82 game season. The most I would give him is 2 million and he wouldn't sign that. And the fhing with franson, he's wouldn't sign for 1 million, probably 3 at the least. And I would not trade edler fr macdonald and picks, he's worth more then that, what I would do is offer Franson 2.7 for 4 years. Toronto won't match and we give up a minor draft pick. We get franson who is a great offensove d man from B.C.

Archived