The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

do you guys think this team is better then last years?

yete

It has crossed my mind that Gillis is looking forward to next year. He wants to use this as a transition year and see what he has with youth. Re-sign the Sedins and make moves with cap going up and a pretty deep free agent. Then make an all-in run next year.

I don't think Richardson is a upgrade either, but we can't judge anything until we see it. Lappy had 10 points in 48 games while Richardson had 6 points in 16 games. I would say Richardson had the better year, plus he is disciplined.

The team might be better than last...

Year

If the team responds to the coaching style, new division, has players who are willing to put their bodies on the line for shot blocking, if they are willing to play complete 60 minute games.

The team needs secondary scoring, improved face offs a better power play plus needs to be the toughest team to play in the entire league.

Kesler

Booth

Higgins

Hansen

Need to have career year...

Kassian needs to play consistently.

1st line must dominate throughout the year, 3rd line must be top 5 shut down line, 4th line has to be the energy line.

Most importantly the team must provide proper puck support, they must own their own zone, defend Luongo, defence men must provide offence.

The fans must chant "we want the cup" every single game plus be the loudest crowd ever.

Sounds easy...

It really depends on a few things. I think the change of coaching staff will make a big difference. Not that we had a terrible coaching staff before, but it was pretty evident that this team needed a new voice. If Kassian improves, Booth stays healthy and regains his form, Edler plays like the beast that he was not too long ago, and one or two of our prospects can step up then I think this team can make a cup run.

But even if all of that doesn't happen, I still think we will do better than getting swept in the first round.

It really depends on a few things. I think the change of coaching staff will make a big difference. Not that we had a terrible coaching staff before, but it was pretty evident that this team needed a new voice. If Kassian improves, Booth stays healthy and regains his form, Edler plays like the beast that he was not too long ago, and one or two of our prospects can step up then I think this team can make a cup run.

But even if all of that doesn't happen, I still think we will do better than getting swept in the first round.

Edit: Also I think we might decline a bit in the regular season due to playing in a tougher division, but this will make us more competitive and help give us that extra drive in the playoffs. Playing in an easy division and coasting through regular season was probably why we did so poorly in the playoffs against SJS and LA.

Or simply sick of all the bellyflopping. Luongo's style is such that when he's on, he's excellent. When he's not, he's absolutely terrible. There's no in between with Luongo. I'm much more comfortable with a goalie whose style enables him to be more consistent.

Archived