The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anyone else think?

Erik Karlsson

Anyone else think Shinkaruk would be deadly with the twins?

He's feisty in the corners and is always hunting down the puck like Burrows, but he also has elite speed, hands and finish.

A year or 2 from now I could see him being a perfect winger for them.

They may be a little soft, but if they're scoring it doesn't really matter.

Yeah alot of things can work. He needs to add some meat on the bones though. I noticed him always going hard on the forecheck causing turnovers with his quick speed, always getting in the dirty areas but also seeing him with alot of hand skill on fastbreaks. Could see him on the right side of the Sedins doing all the dirty stuff and getting set up by Sedins.

I too think he would get seriously smashed down in the NHL right now. Look at RNH. Neither one of them is near thick enough to be playing the game at this speed. Let's not make the same mistake Edmonton has. On a funny side note, was playing NHL 14 earlier, Canucks gm mode. Had an injury to Kassian for a short stretch and needed a space filler, brought up Hunter to play with the twins, I sim 7 games and he comes out with 5 G, 1 A.

I too think he would get seriously smashed down in the NHL right now. Look at RNH. Neither one of them is near thick enough to be playing the game at this speed. Let's not make the same mistake Edmonton has. On a funny side note, was playing NHL 14 earlier, Canucks gm mode. Had an injury to Kassian for a short stretch and needed a space filler, brought up Hunter to play with the twins, I sim 7 games and he comes out with 5 G, 1 A.

Anyone else think Shinkaruk would be deadly with the twins?

He's feisty in the corners and is always hunting down the puck like Burrows, but he also has elite speed, hands and finish.

A year or 2 from now I could see him being a perfect winger for them.

They may be a little soft, but if they're scoring it doesn't really matter.

Archived