The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Best Of Both Worlds?

Nuxfanabroad

In my opinion, this will be a playoff team, with a potential to bump off virtually any opponent (pending officiating, health & bounces).

What makes it special, is we can now visualize transitioning to another generation of key players(at almost every position). With finally obtaining our OWN AHL team, it may progress upwards at the rate our NHL team has(past half decade).

For sake of this thread, let's count Van in the top dozen of the league. Have we ever simultaneously had such hope for both our NHL season, (& a slew of top prospects), + a competitive AHL franchise?

Problem is most of our best prospect will either play NHL or junior (more likely) this season : Gaunce, Horvat, Shinkaruk, Cassels. Therefore Comets might not be that strong this year, unless Corrado, Schroeder and Jensen spend a large number of games down there.

Yeah I think Schroeder's pretty much a lock on this team this coming season. He has the defensive responsibility that Torts craves.

While I'm sold on having our own AHL team, we still need to make sure our prospects can transition to the NHL well enough. We also don't know how competitive the AHL team will be. Sure we own it now, but that alone doesn't guarantee having a good team. It does give us more control, but it's how we use that control that will make the difference.

After five years of this present management I have Schroeder hoping to make a difference this particular year.

It would be great if Kassian could step up and that is it.

Not exactly jumping up and down with some new found glee/ anticipation,but hopeful the core can give it another good shot.

I totally agree. This Canucks team we have right now has the same key pieces and blueprints every Cup winner has had post lockout 04/05 and it's the new criteria needed to win.

Need veteran skilled players along with a mix of top prospects with potential to become above top 6 players and then it's all up to destiny to decide. We have that, and it'll just be about clicking at the right time when the playoffs start which is the hardest part knowing injuries will happen throughout the year and for our sake, let's hope our guys are ready to go come April.

...I see us as a top 12 team, sounds about fair...Torts isn't a guy who manages teams to be the best team standings wise in the regular season; he makes guys play towards playoff hockey every game and it results in less points but gives us a huge upper hand heading into the postseason.

Archived