The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hansen looks good in today's media scrum

fanfor42

Jannik Hansen looks good on today's media scrum. He looks and sounds like a guy who is going to have a breakout year. He is listed at 6 foot 1 and 195 lbs, but looks like he is over 200. His last few years have been building to a break out year this year. 2011 82 games 29 points, 2012 82 games 39 points, 2013 47 games 27 points, (projected at 47 points for a full year). At 27 years old he is poised to break out. Yes I know the next couple of guys to comment will disagree - typical negative nellies on CDC. But once we get past they're posturing, the real issue is that Hansen is projected mathematically to grow again. (Three years of point growth and entering a year at 27 which is statistically in the peak years for point production). His projection is 50 to 60 points. The guy looks strong.

Lts be honest with our selves. He is a 3rd line player, a great one. However he will get only 30-40 points at best. Only way he would reach 50 points is if he played with the sedins all year which other players are better suited for. Hansen will be used in a defensive role as always and if you ask me from a defensive stand point he always has a break out year. Lucky to have him.

Lts be honest with our selves. He is a 3rd line player, a great one. However he will get only 30-40 points at best. Only way he would reach 50 points is if he played with the sedins all year which other players are better suited for. Hansen will be used in a defensive role as always and if you ask me from a defensive stand point he always has a break out year. Lucky to have him.

Hansen might be the best 3rd line player in the league and I think with countryman Jensen on the team we can retain him for less than $4 million a year come time to re-sign him.

His upward growth is projected into the mid 50 point range as per a few analysts and web jockies. A poolie steal kids.

Hard not to like the Honey Badger

Keslsr also had one 70 point year but that doesn't mean he is a 70 point player. No reason to put high offensive expectations on hansen. Hansen is a defense first type of player and will for sure be used as one unfer torts. Let the sedins kassian jensen burrows and booth worrie about the offense. Higgins kesler and hansen will shut teams down snd they will play the biggest role in our success

Jeez I don't know where to start. I appreciate that you are being polite in your response, but you are also being wrong. When healthy, Kesler is a 70 point player period. Booth has proven nothing, nor has Jensen (though I like him). Hansen will score more than 50 points this year, quote me. He is ready to break out and will be used in a variety of ways - not just defensive. I think you need to look at what is going to happen this year which is different than previous years. Hansen is one of them. He will thrive with Torts. His age, work ethic, always being healthy and point growth year to year predict this.

Jannik Hansen looks good on today's media scrum. He looks and sounds like a guy who is going to have a breakout year. He is listed at 6 foot 1 and 195 lbs, but looks like he is over 200. His last few years have been building to a break out year this year. 2011 82 games 29 points, 2012 82 games 39 points, 2013 47 games 27 points, (projected at 47 points for a full year). At 27 years old he is poised to break out. Yes I know the next couple of guys to comment will disagree - typical negative nellies on CDC. But once we get past they're posturing, the real issue is that Hansen is projected mathematically to grow again. (Three years of point growth and entering a year at 27 which is statistically in the peak years for point production). His projection is 50 to 60 points. The guy looks strong.

Archived