The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ronalds Kenins | LW/RW

elvis15

Well this is weird...

Eliteprospects has him listed at 6'0 200 pounds. Hockeydp has him listed at 6'4 205 pounds.

But I think I'll have to go with Elitleprospects because when you watch Kenins play, he looks like a 6'0, 5'11.

Anybody noticed that?

Hockeydb has great stats but Elite prospects is usually more accurate in terms of size

Fred65; reminds you a little of a young Smyl? We should be so lucky!!! Maybe in the checking department, which is good to see. Yeah, Kenins has a good-great wrister, but a little ways to go on a slapper. Just ask Mike Vernon about Smyl's slapper; every seen two entire teams cringe watching a replay?

I'm not denigrating Kenins. He has a pretty good all-around game, and I could see a consistent 15-20 goal scorer in the making here. Plays the game the way a fireplug-built guy is supposed to play it. Actually, with Kassian's passing ability, and Vey's overall offensive game, I think that could be a fair line.

Calgary game:

Yes he scored a goal but that wasn't the biggest part of that game. The Kenins-Horvat-Hanson line were a threat pretty much thoughout. They were very physical throughout. The Flames didn't want anything to do with them. Offensively they could have scored more with some net front passes. They are not being played as a 4th line recently. Against the Flames Horvat was checking Johnny Hockey and his line.

Even though Kenins didn't record a point last night he still was a very effective player just hitting everyone! That Dumba hit was HUGE! Very effective on the forecheck, being involved in plays, and those hits all I can say is WOW. Players like Kenins is what wins us games in the playoffs down the stretch with his play evolving I would like to see us making room for him. This really puts some of our other players to perform better because Kenins is seriously looking like a for sure lock for our team.

i'd be surprised if kenins goes back to the AHL at any time. unless he gets lazy and stops competing like he has (unlikely given his track record) he'll be in the NHL from here on out. I'm glad he didn't change his game like Archibald did when he got called up. Maybe Kenins's success will show Archie that he doesn't need to change his game to make it in the NHL next time he gets the call.

i'd be surprised if kenins goes back to the AHL at any time. unless he gets lazy and stops competing like he has (unlikely given his track record) he'll be in the NHL from here on out. I'm glad he didn't change his game like Archibald did when he got called up. Maybe Kenins's success will show Archie that he doesn't need to change his game to make it in the NHL next time he gets the call.

agreed. You should make a kenins CT thread.

His current shot totals suggest he should be able to be a 15-20 goal scorer in the NHL which is really awesome to see. he's averaging 2 shots per game in about 12 mins of ice time, it seems like he is shooting more than that though.

He has some pretty awesome comparables in shots per game and even out does them if you consider shots per 60 mins of ice time

Reilly Smith, Brayden Schenn, Zemgus Girgesons, Palat, Matthias, Bonino, Ninoreiter, B. Sutter, Gaudreau all average about 2 shots per game, including ample PP time for many of them.

If he maintains an above 10% shooting percentage which is not exactly easy, but possible, even probable the way he plays always throwing pucks to the net, he could score 20 goals next year.

I think he goes back down

Reminds me of Hansen when he started out - clearly good enough but casualty of waivers & asset management

That is, unless we move Higgins (only veteran I can think of that could be moved up front as "expendable")

I think he goes back down

Reminds me of Hansen when he started out - clearly good enough but casualty of waivers & asset management

That is, unless we move Higgins (only veteran I can think of that could be moved up front as "expendable")

He has to be moved now or in the summer anyway... I'd wager he'd have more value now for a team loading up.

He has to be moved now or in the summer anyway... I'd wager he'd have more value now for a team loading up.

I think it all depends on the health of our forwards entering the deadline week and the play of Kenins

Right now, Kenins is doing his part well in convincing JB that he can afford to move a veteran for a pick to stock up on the future without compromising this year's playoff push, as he's proving that he can play at this level

D Sedin - H Sedin - Burrows

Dorsett - Bonino - Vrbata

Matthias - Richardson - Vey

Kenins - Horvat - Hansen

Kassian

McMillan

I know it looks like Horvat is back on the "4th line" but he will probably get as much ice time as Richardson's line - if not more - on any given night from here on out - whichever line is hotter will probably get more minutes

It would be nice if Jensen was able to take the next step and get into the top 6 (he looked like he was so close earlier in the year) - it's really too bad that he's struggling again with his consistency

I think it all depends on the health of our forwards entering the deadline week and the play of Kenins

Right now, Kenins is doing his part well in convincing JB that he can afford to move a veteran for a pick to stock up on the future without compromising this year's playoff push, as he's proving that he can play at this level

D Sedin - H Sedin - Burrows

Dorsett - Bonino - Vrbata

Matthias - Richardson - Vey

Kenins - Horvat - Hansen

Kassian

McMillan

I know it looks like Horvat is back on the "4th line" but he will probably get as much ice time as Richardson's line - if not more - on any given night from here on out - whichever line is hotter will probably get more minutes

It would be nice if Jensen was able to take the next step and get into the top 6 (he looked like he was so close earlier in the year) - it's really too bad that he's struggling again with his consistency

I'd actually prefer

Sedin, Sedin, Burrows

Bonino, Vey Vrbata (Bonino/Vey taking draws on their strong sides)

Dorsett, Matthias, Kassian

Kenins, Horvat, Hansen

We can either move Richardson as well or keep for injury insurance and to rotate in/out with Kassian, Kenins etc if they need a seat for a game or two. If Vey (or Vrbata) can play LW, all the better (though that could be an argument for putting Burr back on the second).

Archived