The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks vs Edmonton - October 18th

Edler's Mind Tricks

Shinkaruk looks ugly when he is skating off the puck, what's with that one hand on the stick forechecking he does? A bit strange for me but maybe it works for him. With the puck though he has a nice jump and hands. I notice the rookies do seem to coast a bit compared to the vets. Can't wait till these guys get a bit stronger.

I'm sure there were TWO teams on the ice today and both were playing "preseason" if you people are going to use that as an excuse to hide the fact that we played like **** then your delusional. If both teams weren't trying then why did WE lose ? How come the oilers out shot us? Why can we not score more then 2 goals for like the last how many games lol.

an oilers team that's playing their 4th preseason game vs a canucks team that majority of their lineup is having their first real game action since last april? and a lineup full of young player and rookies and we are bitching about we lost a preseason game? when was the last time the canucks did well in preseason?? oh last i checked we made the playoff despite losing a tons of games in the preseason the past couple of years.

Seriously, why isn't Dumb Nuck banned? The most obvious troll I've ever seen.

- Gaunce looked good again. I think he has the best shot of making our opening day roster out of all of our rookies at this point. He is not slow; he is a smart player and he observes constantly so he can gauge where he needs to be. Just because it doesn't look like he's giving 100% every single moment doesn't mean he isn't. His goals are evidence of his awareness and hockey IQ.

- Shinkaruk also looked very good. The kid might not be the biggest but he clearly gives everything his all and is willing to do anything to win.

Nothing to worry about after this game. This was most of these players first game. Couple this with exhaustion from practice and a new system and a poor start was to be expected.

Alright replied to this exact comment by you in the GDT. I'll just copy it here.

Smyth-Hall-Hemsky

Perron-Arcobello-Eberle

Joensuu-Gordon-Pitlick

Eager-Acton-Brown

Ference-Schultz

Nurse-Schultz

Marcinin-Hunt

Gordon signed to be their 3 C and Acton has the inside track of being the 4 C. Eakins loved this guy on the Marlies and everyone has been giving him rave reviews. They are missing 2 players from their top 9,Yakupov and RNH while the Canucks were missing Kesler, Burrows, Booth and Higgins from there's. Seems to me the Oilers had roughly 75% of their opening night forwards iced tonight.

There was a difference in roster. You comparing the D alone does not make your argument valid.

Really liked Shinkaruk's offensive instinct. Those saucers he threw to Hansen were tape to tape and I thought they showed a bit of chemistry there.

Horvat and Jensen were pretty useless..

Gaunce has a legit shot at 3rd/4th line duties this year. If not, Santorelli and Richardson are not bad options

an oilers team that's playing their 4th preseason game vs a canucks team that majority of their lineup is having their first real game action since last april? and a lineup full of young player and rookies and we are bitching about we lost a preseason game? when was the last time the canucks did well in preseason?? oh last i checked we made the playoff despite losing a tons of games in the preseason the past couple of years.

You've never seen the guy play (except prospect game) and now he's the next Roy or Brodeur. OMG get real man, this isn't X-Box, it's real life and if you really think that :

1) your dumb

2) you know nothing about hockey

3) your the reason other fans, players, teams hates us so much.

The biggest positive I seen in last nights game was kassians play without the puck. Last year he looked lost but last night he was all over the place making pretty good defensive plays. Something he is going to have to be able to do if he wants top line duty... That was my biggest fear taking burr off that line but it didn't seem to hurt us. Mad a couple great passes as well.

And gaunce is looking outstanding. Not sure if I want to keep him though. I'm thinking if he came in this year looking this good, imagine how good he'll look with another year of carrying his team and a gold medal around his neck. I think he's ready to step in now if we needed him to but if Schroeder is looking solid too there's no need to rush.

Another positive was the twins penalty killing. Getting the puck out fairly easily and creating short handed chances.

Lu will bounce back like he always does. Not worried about him.

Edit: if gaunce keeps filling the net then obviously keep him haha

Let's see; nothing matters because it's pre-season... but yet various players get accolades for their play. Why does good play matter if bad play doesn't matter?

- We'll see another story should this team manage to win a pre-season game. Then it will mean the Canucks are sure to win the cup.

typical McSoftie outing by Lugongo...too bad he can't seem to come out hungry...

Andersson was impressive , especially with the early injuries..

Richardson is a great signing , very good face-off guy..

D.Sedin seemed to have jump..

Santorelli is another great off-season p/u..

Guance i'm torn about , on one hand the kid can play but on this team 4th line minutes are not enough at this stage in development

, if Hunter , Bo , and Brendan are on the radar for WJC team then all should go back to junior..

tsn website shows it best with Lu sitting on his ass looking the other way...and eberle tucking in the puck on the other side of the net!!! yet the idiot Botchford writes an artical saying Lugongo had no chance on that goal....

Archived