The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Phoenix trade proposal, speed and puck handling on D!

Simple proposal;

Booth and Jensen for Rundblad and a second!

Why?

Phoenix needs both size and are in serious need of a good LW. Enter David Booth short term fix, Jensen long term. They are also stacked in both defensive depth and prospects. I wanted to ask for their top D prospect Brandon Gormley, but I did not think they would give him up. But as I understand, he is not quite as fast and Rundblad suits my intentions. If they do cough up Gormley I get more excited, then erase adding the second.

Well for us its a cap dump in Booth and makes room for Shinkaruk. More importantly, it adds a high end offensive D prospect, with great wheels and puck carrying skills to ignite a stagnant transition game for us. I'd even eat a mill of Booths salary for two years if they wont bite. Rundblad has two years left on a $785K ELC which then leaves us an extra $2.4 mill in cap for deadline shopping. Its a bit of an investment, maybe too much? But solid offers make more deals...

Hamhuis Garrison

Edler Tanev

Rundblad Bieksa

Notes from Hockey's Future

Talent Analysis

Rundblad is an offensive-minded defenseman with good size and excellent skills. He has good vision and carries the puck with confidence. A top notch player on the powerplay, Rundblad’s best attribute is his ability to distribute the puck quickly and efficiently while also being able to launch a hard point shot. Rundblad's defensive game was formerly a weakness but he has made great strides since joining the AHL and looks more and more comfortable with each passing game.

Future

Rundblad really had a spectacular 2012-13 season with Portland and squashed a lot of doubt about his defensive game. While he will have trouble cracking a very strong Phoenix defense, he is going to at least be in the conversation for the final spot on the NHL depth chart and could be first on the call-up list.

Haven't really seen many of their young D play, but it seems their reputation precedes them. So Phx is pretty stacked at the back end. Maybe teams loaded up front, Philly, Pitt, or even Edm might swing a deal with them?

I'm skeptical we'd get much of value for Jensen/Booth, as both have their red flags. We'd better be patient wih Jensen..Giving up early on 1st rounders has bitten us recently.

Lastly, we'd better REFUSE the 2nd rounder, & request a 7th round instead-we're luckier drafting there!

No way - where does Rundblad fit on our team? is he better than edler, hamhuis, bieksa, garrison? No

he has developed slowly

this guy hs bounced around and is actually a year or two away from complete bust. I would not even do Jensen and a second for rundblad at this point because we need forwards not d men. Currently Tanev is more valuable than Rundblad

No way - where does Rundblad fit on our team? is he better than edler, hamhuis, bieksa, garrison? No

he has developed slowly

this guy hs bounced around and is actually a year or two away from complete bust. I would not even do Jensen and a second for rundblad at this point because we need forwards not d men. Currently Tanev is more valuable than Rundblad

he has developed slowly

Archived