The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kessel to recieve under 5 games

The hell? Are you guys seriously implying he deserves more games than Kassian? The first slash was fine. I'd do the exact same thing along with the rest of you when a 6'7 beast comes at you being a 5'10 scorer. it's like chara v shinkaruk lol.. the second slash is really the only suspendable thing, and that's 1-2 games.

Kassian made such a stupid play. You can't let someone be that care less and get off scott-free.

What I do agree with? Nhl's consistency is so god damn bad. Holy crap, chara deserved 10 games for that hit on pacioretty or w/e.

What I don't agree with? Nhl is bias'd and kassian is an angel

Kessle should get 0, at worst he will get rest of preseason. The league knows the consequences of a Kessel suspension. Send your goon after their star. Either he takes 20 shots to the back of the head while turtling or slashes the goon and gets a suspension. Imagine the Sedins lining up against (pick your goon), would you suggest they go toe to toe, turtle, run away or give the ass a hack or two.

Kessle should get 0, at worst he will get rest of preseason. The league knows the consequences of a Kessel suspension. Send your goon after their star. Either he takes 20 shots to the back of the head while turtling or slashes the goon and gets a suspension. Imagine the Sedins lining up against (pick your goon), would you suggest they go toe to toe, turtle, run away or give the ass a hack or two.

Shanny needs to go. Its not because he is stupid or has no hockey sense. Its because he is being directed to be WAY too political about the decisions .

The NHL cant be 'political' about decisions about this. Its a form of refereeing. Corrupting the reffing system is bad for any sport. Regardless of the almighty dollar they are bowing to.

Kassian swung his stick in a reckless fashion but in all fairness had no intention of injuring Gagner nor did he even know if his stick would make contact.

Kessel on the other hand deliberately slashed Scott twice and then for good measure went back long after the fact and SPEARED the guy when he wasnt looking as a third man in.

That to me is completely two different universes of offense.

Yet, because Gagner broke his jaw, and Kessel is a star, Shanahan is going to spin it where Kassian is the bad guy in comparison? That to me is insulting .

Canucks need to appeal the suspension.

Archived