The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2015 CDC STHS Hockey League Draft

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

It's largely a sign of how the team is, not the particular player. You have to do something to earn a goal or assist, earning a plus requires simply being on the ice the time the goal was scored

To some extent true. I guess you can relate to Jeff Shcultz when he was +50 on a offensive powerhouse Capitals team, but more times than not, a centre having his +/- is based off his defensive game. Why? A centre is the backbone of a line and he has to make sure he is in position unlike dmen and even wingers. Dmen inflate their +/- as they hop on and off the ice as their team pushes up and is doesn't truly show their defensive game. Even wingers, they do the same thing but a centre always has the responsibility to not leave them and has to ensure the team is in good position before he can get off and most of the times, centres hop off the ice when the puck is in the neutral zone (less of a scoring chance to be a +1) and they come on when players backchecking get tired and the other team is attacking (more of a chance to be a -1).

...I get what you're saying, but strictly for centres, majority of the time their +/- respectively represents their defensive game as they are accountable ensuring nothing fishy happens and often times, they are the last players to get off the ice. Nail and myself thought this through and came up with the conclusion Karlsson must be a real good defensive player or he got lucky each game he played and ended up with a +1; safe bet is he is an excellent defensive player.

Well you quoted McDavid as being a -33, but he was on one of the worst teams in the OHL, and was asked to be all offense because the team had no other options. Its hard to be able to decipher what an EHM guy did since all we have is a stat line. Plus he only played in 12 games for the big club, that's a very small sample size

San Jose has 3 2nd round picks and 4 3rd round picks which we would be willing to negotiate to either trade up for a closer pick and/or possibly trade down and add more picks when the later rounds come by. PM if interested.

Kings (Dis)

Leafs (chimon)

NYRx3 (CM) :ph34r:

Scary that Rangers have 7 1st round picks this draft allotting up to over 20% of the prospects taken in the 1st round! That's crazy...

The Toronto Maples Leafs are very proud to select with our 14th overall pick, from CSKA Moscow,

Tretiak-1_brush.jpg

G Maxim Tretyak (EHM & Real-Life Player)

The Toronto Maples Leafs are very proud to select with our 14th overall pick, from CSKA Moscow,

Tretiak-1_brush.jpg

G Maxim Tretyak (EHM & Real-Life Player)

You can not fathom how much I hate you right now.... :(;)

San Jose has 3 2nd round picks and 4 3rd round picks which we would be willing to negotiate to either trade up for a closer pick and/or possibly trade down and add more picks when the later rounds come by. PM if interested.

Scary that Rangers have 7 1st round picks this draft allotting up to over 20% of the prospects taken in the 1st round! That's crazy...

Now watch me bust on all 7 of them

Archived