The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Silent Extermination of Iraq’s ‘Christian Dogs’

Salmonberries

Afghanistan has 1.6 billion barrels of oil reserves, 220 million square meters of natural gas reserves. Potentially trillions of dollars worth of untapped mineral resources. Oil production began only in July of last year and mining has been virtually non existent until recently. Billions in economic aid are flowing in and that is going to build some infrastructure to get these industries going.

You could but you shouldn't. That is unless you only want to win support from bible thumpers that refuse to look at things objectively. The US is very pro Christian (hence all the non stop atheist angst) but it is even more pro USA and if some fairly white, somewhat (this is a country that until recently heavily prosecuted Catholics, never mind Coptic or what have you) Christian minority in some far off sand that's really only worth as a source of oil or barring that target range so be it. There view would be the same as the muslims, they should simply leave that area and come join the true believers in the west if it's such a problem. If not, they are collateral damage in the true crusade, the promote the U S of A.

Afghanistan has 1.6 billion barrels of oil reserves, 220 million square meters of natural gas reserves. Potentially trillions of dollars worth of untapped mineral resources. Oil production began only in July of last year and mining has been virtually non existent until recently. Billions in economic aid are flowing in and that is going to build some infrastructure to get these industries going.

Actually Ron, if you think the USA is accepting Christian refugees from Iraq you're mistaken. To date, the small Swedish city of Sodertalje (population 63,000) has accepted more Assyrian refugees than the USA , Canada, and Great Britain combined.

The USA has the third highest population of Assyrians, with the only higher population existing in Iraq and Syria. A strange thing, if their goal is the extermination of th Assyrians. The USA is home to about 200k Assyrians. Your beloved Russia is home to about 10k, despite being geographically much closer.

Your also way off on Russia supporting the Assyrians. The Ba'athist regimes (including Assad's), which Russia propped up, were constantly trying to Arabize and surpress the Assyrians. They banned use of their traditional names, schools, language, etc...

^^^

"Likudniks"....you do realize that Israel was oppossed to invading Iraq, as they were concerned about issues with instability afterwards.

Also, there were 1.5 mil Christians in Iraq prior to 2003, but they were not all Assyrians. Also, most Iraqi Christians have fled internally to other parts of Iraq.

I think the problem with your analysis is you're also ignoring the suffeirng the Christians underwent under Saddam Hussein. Hussein was a nationalist as oppossed to an islamist. He heavily favored Sunni Arabs based and discrimintated against minorities based on ethnic as oppossed to religious lines. Christians did not flee, but they also weren't allowed to. Saddam Hussein was notorious for his policies of "arabization". He strongly pressured Christians to abandon traditions, names, etc.. and identify as Arabs.

Once again, the US, and their short-sighted policies, clearly played a role in what has gone on in Iraq since 2003, but it's a huge leap to say they planned some kind of Christian genocide.

Sorry taxi. I've been banging my head against the wall on this since I got my first whiff of news about the planned invasion of Iraq back in 2002. Warned everyone that the outcome would be curtains for East Syriac Christianity in the Nineveh Plain and the total Kurdification of the Christian homeland.

Unhappily, I wasn't wrong.

So why did the US and its allies get rid of Saddam Hussein in Iraq? He kept an iron grip on the country, and for the most part reined in the factionalism and sectarism of the different groups living there.

There were no suicide bombers under Saddam.

George Bush said there were weapons of mass destruction that threatened the West. He lied.

Now the US scarmbled the eggs and couldn't put it back again.

Sorry taxi. I've been banging my head against the wall on this since I got my first whiff of news about the planned invasion of Iraq back in 2002. Warned everyone that the outcome would be curtains for East Syriac Christianity in the Nineveh Plain and the total Kurdification of the Christian homeland.

Archived