The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

This year's first Canuck player to be traded is...

Lui's Knob

Gillis does this every year just after the opening day roster to 10 games in....he waits to see waivers (which he referenced on the Team1040 today he'd look at and also referenced the trade talk is 'heating up')....

Booth is a surprise start today and with a heavy cap hit and his lack of fit in Vancouver (despite his potential); and with the young guns not being ready for prime time (Kassian/Schroeder are debatable)....I see the first Canuck to be dealt off this year is Booth.

Honourable mention = Edler (for a 3C like Eller/Zack Smith/O'Brien, depth D man and bottom 6 grinder and cap space)

I think Edler won't be traded this year just because they'll see if Torts can revive him/make him that consistent player he needs to be in order to make us a contender.

As far as first player will be traded, I honestly think Booth will be the first to go and a wild card I have is Gaunce and/or Schroeder. And you can never forget about picks as MG gives them out annually.

Bieksa, our oldest and one of our more inconsistent defenceman. I don't think Bieksa is the type of player that will improve with age. Edler's also one of our more consistent Dman but has room to grow where Bieksa does not. Plus Edler and Bieksa play horrible together and I wouldn't want to split up Garrison and Hamhuis, they were our best pairing last season. If Tanev plays well this season I wouldn't be surprised if the Canucks try and move Bieksa.

I don't think MG will mess with the roster in any significant way. MAYBE trade a low level prospect for a depth forward if he can snag a great deal e.g. Erhoff type trade.

WIth Horvat maybe being ready next year and having Richardson.Santorelli and possibly Schroeder when healthy there isn't any rush to trade roster players.

No one has interest in Booth because he is coming off a number of injuries and hasn't proven anything in the last 2 years. Look at what Raymond had to do to get a job- you think other GM's are going to want Booth??????

Agreed. I don't think he's a wash by any means but I just don't know where he fits with this team. Both Santorelli and Richardson have looked good and are more suited to a bottom six role. Plus, Schroeder is now on a 1 way deal and I believe must pass waivers to be send down. And with the addition of Horvat and Shinkaruk our prospect pool isn't so short at center. In fact, Schroeder is probably #3 on the list at least long term. And even if he wasn't, while I think he could still develop into a solid secondary scorer, I don't see him as an elite 1st line player who could replace Henrik down the road. So yeah. He'd definitely be the guy to package if we need to make an aquisition.

Archived