The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

This year's first Canuck player to be traded is...

Lui's Knob

Bieksa, our oldest and one of our more inconsistent defenceman. I don't think Bieksa is the type of player that will improve with age. Edler's also one of our more consistent Dman but has room to grow where Bieksa does not. Plus Edler and Bieksa play horrible together and I wouldn't want to split up Garrison and Hamhuis, they were our best pairing last season. If Tanev plays well this season I wouldn't be surprised if the Canucks try and move Bieksa.

St.Louis will likely need to trade or waive a forward:

Blues Forwards (15)

Alexander Steen, David Backe s, T.J. Oshie, Jaden Schwartz, Derek Roy, Chris Stewart, Brenden Morrow ,Magnus Paajarvi, Patrik Berglund,Vladimir Tarasenko, Vladimir Sobotka, Maxim Lapierre, Ryan Reaves, Chris Porter, Adam Cracknell

If Sobotka (who'd BE AMAZING as a 2/3 center) apppeared which is likely not happening, or one of Reaves/Cracknell (for 4th line) look to vancouver to keep an eye out on them...

After what I've seen of Edler and Garisson together, I wouldn't touch that with a ten foot pole.

Edler might just thrive ubemder Tortorella. Garisson definitely will. Hamhuis will be te same rock he always is. Bieksa was a Vignault guy. So we'll see how that pans out.

Burrows and Kesler are also Vignault guys. They might struggle under Tortorella.

Every injury Booth gets makes me lose hope. It is no wonder he believes in God. He needs it to he healthy. Then again, the power of the mind is a Universe of question marks.

The Sedins will be fine but might not like Tortorella's way of coaching and may bolt. I do however, doubt it.

Higgins and Hansen are the prototypical Torts type of players: hard working, versatile and lots of heart with a beer quit mentality. Te type of players that win Cups. It seems as though Shinkaruk is the same type.

If a trade occurs, I see Kesler, Burrows, Bieksa and Booth as targets. Perhaps even in order of how much they could garner in a trade.

We'll definitely see a lot of changes from now until the Cup is won. This team needs an overhaul and there are no other better suited men to do the job than Gillis and Tortorella.

After what I've seen of Edler and Garisson together, I wouldn't touch that with a ten foot pole.

Edler might just thrive ubemder Tortorella. Garisson definitely will. Hamhuis will be te same rock he always is. Bieksa was a Vignault guy. So we'll see how that pans out.

Burrows and Kesler are also Vignault guys. They might struggle under Tortorella.

Every injury Booth gets makes me lose hope. It is no wonder he believes in God. He needs it to he healthy. Then again, the power of the mind is a Universe of question marks.

The Sedins will be fine but might not like Tortorella's way of coaching and may bolt. I do however, doubt it.

Higgins and Hansen are the prototypical Torts type of players: hard working, versatile and lots of heart with a beer quit mentality. Te type of players that win Cups. It seems as though Shinkaruk is the same type.

If a trade occurs, I see Kesler, Burrows, Bieksa and Booth as targets. Perhaps even in order of how much they could garner in a trade.

We'll definitely see a lot of changes from now until the Cup is won. This team needs an overhaul and there are no other better suited men to do the job than Gillis and Tortorella.

Man I can't wait for the season to start so we can stop predicting who will succeed and who will fail with a new coach.

The truth is, none of us have any clue. Speculate all you want, none of us are in the room or in the meetings or heck even at the practices so all we are going on is past history.

I hope everyone on the team last year was a Vigneault guy. I hope they are all Tortorella guys now.

As for a prediction on the first person to be traded: Probabaly someone minor. Beyond that...maybe Kesler. Why? Always seems to get hurt when the chips are down (playoffs, please don't point the Nashville series as this is clearly the exception and not the rule) and they can't seem to find any consistent linemates for him. If he and Burrows do not produce as the second unit, then they gotta cut ties with this guy. Great player but how much longer can this team go without a second scoring line to compliment the Sedins? The Sedins are often rendered ineffective in the post season due to lack of secondary scoring. Kesler might not be the first guy out the door but if that second line stumbles out of the gate and never recovers, look out Kesler.

Archived