The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

This year's first Canuck player to be traded is...

Lui's Knob

Bieksa, our oldest and one of our more inconsistent defenceman. I don't think Bieksa is the type of player that will improve with age. Edler's also one of our more consistent Dman but has room to grow where Bieksa does not. Plus Edler and Bieksa play horrible together and I wouldn't want to split up Garrison and Hamhuis, they were our best pairing last season. If Tanev plays well this season I wouldn't be surprised if the Canucks try and move Bieksa.

Gillis does this every year just after the opening day roster to 10 games in....he waits to see waivers (which he referenced on the Team1040 today he'd look at and also referenced the trade talk is 'heating up')....

Booth is a surprise start today and with a heavy cap hit and his lack of fit in Vancouver (despite his potential); and with the young guns not being ready for prime time (Kassian/Schroeder are debatable)....I see the first Canuck to be dealt off this year is Booth.

Honourable mention = Edler (for a 3C like Eller/Zack Smith/O'Brien, depth D man and bottom 6 grinder and cap space)

That was then, this is now. He's isn't getting any better or younger. We have to trade him this year or next year or else his value will continue to fall. Think about 3 years from now, he will be 35 and probably lot worse and inconsistent. We need to get younger defensively and Tanev could make the jump to be a #4 dman this year or next year. Bieksa also only plays well with Hamhuis and plays horrible with Edler. Garrison and Hamhuis was our best pairing last year and I don't think we should split them up. So since he doesn't play well with Edler he should be moved. We will get a lot more out of Edler than we will Bieksa and that's a fact.

lol @ kids wanting Bieksa traded. I'm all ears who's available and could replace him? Not to mention, he stood up for our boys tonight. Is this imaginary top pairing D-man we can somehow land also tough and sticks up for teammates?

You people are idiots.

Archived