The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

This year's first Canuck player to be traded is...

Lui's Knob

After what I've seen of Edler and Garisson together, I wouldn't touch that with a ten foot pole.

Edler might just thrive ubemder Tortorella. Garisson definitely will. Hamhuis will be te same rock he always is. Bieksa was a Vignault guy. So we'll see how that pans out.

Burrows and Kesler are also Vignault guys. They might struggle under Tortorella.

Every injury Booth gets makes me lose hope. It is no wonder he believes in God. He needs it to he healthy. Then again, the power of the mind is a Universe of question marks.

The Sedins will be fine but might not like Tortorella's way of coaching and may bolt. I do however, doubt it.

Higgins and Hansen are the prototypical Torts type of players: hard working, versatile and lots of heart with a beer quit mentality. Te type of players that win Cups. It seems as though Shinkaruk is the same type.

If a trade occurs, I see Kesler, Burrows, Bieksa and Booth as targets. Perhaps even in order of how much they could garner in a trade.

We'll definitely see a lot of changes from now until the Cup is won. This team needs an overhaul and there are no other better suited men to do the job than Gillis and Tortorella.

Schroeder is the only guy with any value who will conceivably be let go.

As for the guys suggesting that the FIRST player traded will be one of our key defensemen with NTCs, that's ridiculous. Perhaps one of those guys will eventually be traded if the season is not going well, but I'm sure Gillis will try one or two less drastic fixes beforehand.

Opening night

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Higgins Kesler Hansen

Booth Santorelli Shinkaruk

Sestito Horvat Richardson

Weise/Kassian*

(*suspended)

(Schroeder *IR)

Edler Garrison

Hamhuis Bieksa

Tanev Weber

Alberts

Luongo

Lack

After Kass suspension

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Hansen Kesler Kassian

Shinkaruk Santorelli Booth

Higgins Horvat Richardson

Sestito/Weise

After 9 game tryout for rookies, both get sent down to jr

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Higgins Kesler Burrows

Booth Santorelli Hansen

Sestito Richardson Weise

(2 call ups)

After Schroeder returns from injury

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Booth Kesler Burrows

Higgins Schroeder Hansen

Sestito Richardson Santorelli

Weise/Call up

Dont see any trades happening... Call ups will most likely be either Ferriero or Hamill or Archibald.

We finally have depth everywhere, comparable to 2011 maybe, time will tell...

And a cupboard full of top prospects!!

AMPED FOR PUCK DROP!!!

Edler and Garrison are thriving already agree

Kesler and Burrows = "av guys" LOL...dude they are ANY COACH'S dream players they give everything every night, and Torts loves them with the twins those two are is next most important players and he will lean on them hard to play ALOT of minutes

Sedins 'bolt' ? Dude they are talking about resigning to end their career here, MG has stated he hopes to get it done before the season - where do you get this nonsense from?

Booth and Bieksa - maybe because they are the only guys of potential value we can move. Booth will be hard just in that he's been injured so that leaves Bieksa as the only 'redundant asset' (given we have Corrado in the minors) who has value.

Alot of teams would love him and I do think he's a bit overrated around the league.

Now if he brings what he brought last night every night...different issue. And personally, unless we get some toughness back I dont want him gone.

I really think any trades the nucks make will be for a 4th line winger who hits and can skate and has size. Weiss and Tostito are just a waste.

I'd love to see a Gaunce and Schroeder trade for Matt Martin and a second.

Archived