adding a top 9 forward

fightmeirl

this is a trade proposal to fill our spot for 3rd line center

I believe our lineup right now is something like

sedin sedin kassian

booth kesler burrows

higgins santorelli hansen

sestito richardson weise

not a bad lineup however not very deep and we all know injuries can stack up, also i dont really trust santorelli's skill and keslers health

colorado is two things: very deep at center, and not a cup contender

John Mitchell is a very talented center and is 28 years old. He is on the last year of his 1.1m dollar contract. He is their 4th line center and has little chance of being moved up with duchene, o'reilly, mackinnon and stastny ahead of him. I believe he has no intention of re-signing and obviously Colorado wouldn't want to give him up for nothing. He could thrive as our 3rd line center and would definitely want to be on a cup ready team. He had a bit of a break out season last year so he does have some risk.

I dont know what the canucks would have to offer/can afford to give, any thoughts?

Not a bad option, would rather have Lappy back to be honest, but if he could be had than yeah it could work out. Unfortunately Colorado is a team that needs TOP 4 D and I don't see any that we are willing to spare at this point so unless they are willing to take a 3rd at the deadline I don't see it happening.

this is a trade proposal to fill our spot for 3rd line center

I believe our lineup right now is something like

sedin sedin kassian

booth kesler burrows

higgins santorelli hansen

sestito richardson weise

not a bad lineup however not very deep and we all know injuries can stack up, also i dont really trust santorelli's skill and keslers health

colorado is two things: very deep at center, and not a cup contender

John Mitchell is a very talented center and is 28 years old. He is on the last year of his 1.1m dollar contract. He is their 4th line center and has little chance of being moved up with duchene, o'reilly, mackinnon and stastny ahead of him. I believe he has no intention of re-signing and obviously Colorado wouldn't want to give him up for nothing. He could thrive as our 3rd line center and would definitely want to be on a cup ready team. He had a bit of a break out season last year so he does have some risk.

I dont know what the canucks would have to offer/can afford to give, any thoughts?

Archived