The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] What would you be happy with for Schroeder?

Strategy

Problem is with Schroeder is that it's going to be hard to get anything in return as he hasn't exactly proven himself yet with the low amount of games he's played in the league. That's not going to allow for any decent returns.

If a trade happens, I don't think it'll happen until later on when he's played for a month or so when he can hopefully increase his value with great play. If that happens, I can see him being shipped off at the deadline. I still believe in the guy though and really hope he excels when he gets back!

Problem is with Schroeder is that it's going to be hard to get anything in return as he hasn't exactly proven himself yet with the low amount of games he's played in the league. That's not going to allow for any decent returns.

If a trade happens, I don't think it'll happen until later on when he's played for a month or so when he can hopefully increase his value with great play. If that happens, I can see him being shipped off at the deadline. I still believe in the guy though and really hope he excels when he gets back!

What would I be happy with from Schroeder? 10+ goals and 35+ points since this should be his first (mostly) full season and he was on pace for 23 points last year in an 82 game season. He may be small, but he is strong on the puck, a disgustingly good passer, and has a pretty good wrister. He should be anchoring the 2nd PP with Higgins and Booth once he's back and I think his passing and skating should help him rack up PP points doing mop up duty.

What would I be happy with from Schroeder? 10+ goals and 35+ points since this should be his first (mostly) full season and he was on pace for 23 points last year in an 82 game season. He may be small, but he is strong on the puck, a disgustingly good passer, and has a pretty good wrister. He should be anchoring the 2nd PP with Higgins and Booth once he's back and I think his passing and skating should help him rack up PP points doing mop up duty.

I think Dalpe will be in Utica as insurance in the event there are any other injuries.

The current roster has 12 forwards, including two 18 year olds and a LW coming off a serious injury and a sensitive groin. I think Santorelli will be added, and who knows, there might be a 4th line winger waived.

He's good insurance in the context.

Archived