The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

FBI calls half of populace with 9/11 doubts potential terrorists

Salmonberries

Because someone who legitimately thinks the government is the enemy, and also has the will to act against them could be dangerous I suppose? Who are you going to investigate? The survivalist building up an arsenal and hates the government? Or the accountant?

Of course, everyone is this thread is reacting to one guys interpretation of the training on a conspiracy oritented website, and they aren't really anything to be trusted. If this is to be taken seriously, then the actual training info should be looked at in its entirety. Not just the comments of one person who is of an unknown reliability.

See that's where I think everyone is being way too reactionary.

If you look at actual domestic terrorists, or domestic terrorist wannabes, they do tend to have certain things in common. If you question the official story, I doubt it means a thing to anyone. If you question the official story and buy a ton of fertisliser, those two things together are worrying. If you think we live in the end times on top of that it gets a little worse.

I have a friend (well, friend of a friend), for example, who is a big conspiracy buff, and anti-government in many things that he says. When Joe Stack flew his plane into a building because he was having a tax temper tantrum, that friend was not entirely against what that guy did. I asked him about the janitors and accountants etc that were innocent and could have died. He said that anyone who worked for the IRS was knowingly working for an evil entity, and would be acceptable casualties. This sort of thought is very worrying to me. I don't think that friend is a threat to anybody, but at the same time his attitude is chilling. I wouldn't be upset if he ended up on watch list.

Ultimately, people with no beefs against the government are less likely to be domestic terrorists.

You talk about being way too reactionary but the article mentions nothing about building up arsenals or anything like that. It merely states that anyone who doubts the official story is a potential terrorist, period (which according to a poll is almost half the population). It equate those who question 9/11 with the types of individuals you mention, which is nonsense.

The article was written by a guy who is recounting the training second hand, so its through his lens. Second hand info is dangerous, especially when the first hand info is likely readily available. You tell me... how was this presented to the trainees? As a definite list of factors (ie these people are all terrorists), or as symptoms in a larger context? You are judging something after being fed small scraps of information, without any real verification, Remember when the right was complaining about the IRS targeting them, and it turned out they were also targeting the left, but it only came out later?

Really, if you are getting worked up about this, and don't know the whole story (which no one in this thread will), then you are part of the problem.

Many, many things have been proven fabrications, long before the WMDs.

The passports found in the rubble, the vehicle with flight manuals and a Quran, the shorting of the airline stocks, the phone calls from flight 77 at 35,000 feet, Able Danger and it's involvement with the suspects, Rice's claim that the government never imagined this scenario, the timeline of flight 93, etcetera ad naseum.

Yes it is a fact. Scientists said so. Controlled demolition experts said so. Common sense said so.

Even John Kerry said so. What he didn't say was how they could've rigged a 47 storey building in a couple of hours, when this crap takes months to do:

Well, common sense means you think so. That is not a fact. A small minority of scientist and engineers might think so. There are also plenty that don't, and the majority have not commented at all. So no, not a fact. And neither is the John Kerry thing, which has another thread and plenty of counterpoints. Where are you facts?

Archived