The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

FBI calls half of populace with 9/11 doubts potential terrorists

Salmonberries

It is and it isn't. The memo SHOWN in the article is this:

http://www.columbusp...2007trifold.pdf

That memo is not federal, its from columbus, and has disclaimers that it does not represent official policy. The actual memo is not shown. The stuff you are all quoting comes from this post on survivalblog.

http://www.survivalb...ecurity_tr.html

Which is just one guy's intepretation.

Did I miss it? Where's the actual memo?

Actually, I didn't quote anything from that survival blog you posted and wasn't even aware of its existence.

My understanding is that the memo, while posted publicly on the Columbus Police website, actually came from the US DOJ (the seal is at the top left) - but yes, there is fine print that it is not the official policy of the DOJ as well as indicating that none of the actions constitute a crime when looked at individually.

In a sense you may have a point with some of your arguments but I think we are losing fact of the potential psychological factor (and perhaps intent?) behind this to allude or ingrain that anyone who doubts the official story of 9/11 may be a potential terrorist.

Especially when so many aspects of the official story have proven to be either untrue or outright fabrications.

I remember debating my boss who at times would patronize me but also concede there are two sides to the story...then he brought up Occam's Razor and how scientists must use the simplest explanation for existing data.

I simply replied: "you mean like accepting that three buildings that come down in a symmetrical and controlled manner could not happen except in a controlled and symmetrical manner"...

I thoroughly enjoy how conspiracy theorists love to blend themselves as simple, innocent "doubters".

A doubter will have some reservations about the story (especially toward the US government) but will also follow evidence.

Conspiracy theorists, and they are often the same people with virtually every government related incident if you've been on forums long enough, stay with the same theory regardless of how unsubstantiated their claims are, and solely look for any tiny little tidbit they can exaggerate, or any anecdotal phrase (i.e. in this case, John Kerry video which doesn't show anything whatsoever) they can run wild with, that surrounds a pre-existing belief.

It's pretty easy to differentiate "doubter" from "conspiracy theorist".

Conspiracy theorists obviously aren't only in the 9/11 circumstance, the same logic is used in other areas such as aliens/UFOs/Roswell, airplane chemtrail conspiracy, swine flu conspiracy, and bears quite a logical similarity to cryptozoology topics such as bigfoot, loch ness, chupacabra, or religious topics concerning tangible "miracles" performed on planet Earth, or ghosts. Arguments made in all of the aforementioned are into ignoring all evidence against, hugging tightly the smallest, infinitesimal thing (often cases, not even evidence) that might give them further affirmation of that belief.

Many people in this world are still without electricity let alone literate enough to hold a conversation with anyone. For example the literacy rate in Afghanistan is 28%. What this means of course is that the Taliban can tell them the Quran says whatever they want it to say.

Honestly sometimes If I can live a good life and stay out of politics that's good enough for me. Our civilization is what protects us... there's a reason there is a government FOR PROTECTION. You go back in time and you'll see why government was important, get robbed tough luck, get murdered by outlaws tough luck. They may be controlling, and yes they need to be more honest with us, but we need government as much as they need us. Just imagine a lawless and ungoverned United States of America.

Many people are saying WE'VE MOVED ON, we became more civilized.. we need more CIVIL LIBERTIES.... Maybe I should release you to a lawless world and see what you think then.

I have qualms with Government abuse and corruption, but some conspiracy theorist are just silly. People think they have a voice but really what do they have without government... really... what do they have. You take out government and only the lions will survive while the sheep that cry for liberty get eaten alive.

Conspiracy theorists, and they are often the same people with virtually every government related incident if you've been on forums long enough, stay with the same theory regardless of how unsubstantiated their claims are, and solely look for any tiny little tidbit they can exaggerate, or any anecdotal phrase (i.e. in this case, John Kerry video which doesn't show anything whatsoever) they can run wild with, that surrounds a pre-existing belief.

On top of that, they are very easily led around by the flimsiest of arguments that meshes with their worldview. Take this thread... the original link is pretty clearly BS if you choose to actually read it in its entirety. But they never do that... they just read enough to get them emotionally riled up. All the while thinking that they are smarter than the 'sheep'. Witness DarthNinja... he thought that the 'truther' bits were in the memo. Clearly he just skimmed and reacted... didn't even check out the memo he was so scared of. Its just so much more satisfying to go on a forum and yell loudly about being a victim.

Conspiracy folk, this is why you are ridiculed.

I thoroughly enjoy how conspiracy theorists love to blend themselves as simple, innocent "doubters".

A doubter will have some reservations about the story (especially toward the US government) but will also follow evidence.

It's pretty easy to differentiate "doubter" from "conspiracy theorist".

Conspiracy theorists obviously aren't only in the 9/11 circumstance, the same logic is used in other areas such as aliens/UFOs/Roswell, airplane chemtrail conspiracy, swine flu conspiracy, and bears quite a logical similarity to cryptozoology topics such as bigfoot, loch ness, chupacabra, or religious topics concerning tangible "miracles" performed on planet Earth, or ghosts. Arguments made in all of the aforementioned are into ignoring all evidence against, hugging tightly the smallest, infinitesimal thing (often cases, not even evidence) that might give them further affirmation of that belief.

Archived