The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[WAIVERS] TSN's Official Waiver Page Sept 29th

Warhippy

I like Emmerton but Weise has a little different skill set. It'll depend on what the Canucks think they need compared to other players they already have, and if they can do without Weise's more physical play versus Emmerton. Lain and the recently acquired Welsh might already be the depth the Canucks were looking for in that role as well, especially with Richardson and Santorelli having good preseasons.

Larsson's intriguing too but I don't think he's much of a guarantee to stay up. I liked Sulzer when he was here but I'm not sure he's physical enough to go with players like Tanev, Weber and Corrado on the other side. Cormier I've liked for awhile but he hasn't quite developed either and I think we have enough depth that we wouldn't need him. Not a lot else I'm that sold on.

thanks for pointing that out. didn't realize Sweatt and Rodin were still there.

I think the ELs will count however - at least as long as they remain on the roster - Kassian will certainly count - but a few spots could clear if the ELsr Horvat and Shinkaruk go back to the OHL (as Gaunce apparently already has - and I think McEneny is in this class as well).

So I think they're at 50 with Horvat and Shinkaruk still up?

I think they don't count until the "slide risk" is over, so whenever play the amount of games required to use up a year of their contract. That's what it seems like, anyways.

I also should have said that, by Sweatt and Rodin signing "elsewhere", I meant overseas haha. I was a bit vague on that.

Horvat is confirmed to be have been sent back now (edit: see above post), Gaunce of course too, and McEneny was sent back a while ago I believe.

Considering the cap drop, the Luongo rule, and some other barriers to team building this offseason that could have gotten in the way, I think MG has the team in a damn fine position...

Hard to believe they have the depth and youth they do, a roster spot (or potentially 2) and some cap space to work with.

I really do think Cormier is the most complete player on this list and the idea of him in Utica until our roster sorts itself out over the next season or two before bringing him up in OUR system, not a confused Atlanta/Winnipeg system is very appealing.

He was drafted into a team in transition with no genuine development process in place.

Place him in a position where he can actually develop with a solid group in a solid format for a while and he will blossom.

I think he'd be bar none the better pick up if we were to get anyone off of that group

Archived