The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[WAIVERS] TSN's Official Waiver Page Sept 29th

Warhippy

Considering the cap drop, the Luongo rule, and some other barriers to team building this offseason that could have gotten in the way, I think MG has the team in a damn fine position...

Hard to believe they have the depth and youth they do, a roster spot (or potentially 2) and some cap space to work with.

MG's work has been nigh on untouchable this last year. Horvat and Shinkaruk drafted (and already so good that they're last to get cut). Santorelli, Richardson, Eriksson for nothing. Hansen, Schroeder and Tanev re-signed for ridiculously cheap. Dalpe and Welsh for a 4th (Tochkin doesn't even count he was so insignificant). Now we'll just see what the waiver wire brings.

I said this yesterday but i'll say it again.... PICKUP Joel Rechlicz waive or trade Sestito and Weise to save them from from the ass kickin they will get from MacIntyre. MG cannot let him go through without putting a claim in. The last time a quality legit heavyweight went through waivers was McLaren. I wanted MG to pick him up at that time and now he's top 3 best heavyweight in the game.

Rechlicz is a crazy enforcer, he's the only fighter in recent memory that pummeled Lucic's face and even had the fight of the year against McLaren. Get him MG!! we're going to need all the toughness we could get in our new division.

Flames: Mcgrattan

Oil: BigMac and Ganzig (waiver pickup)

Kings: Nolan, Carcillo, Clifford

Ducks: Staubitz, Belesky, Souray

GET HIM!

I said this yesterday but i'll say it again.... PICKUP Joel Rechlicz waive or trade Sestito and Weise to save them from from the ass kickin they will get from MacIntyre. MG cannot let him go through without putting a claim in. The last time a quality legit heavyweight went through waivers was McLaren. I wanted MG to pick him up at that time and now he's top 3 best heavyweight in the game.

Rechlicz is a crazy enforcer, he's the only fighter in recent memory that pummeled Lucic's face and even had the fight of the year against McLaren. Get him MG!! we're going to need all the toughness we could get in our new division.

GET HIM!

GET HIM!

Pretty sure these guys can't do anything to hurt our players.

Sestito has already beaten up Staubitz and Nolan, kass has owned Clifford in juniors, Souray isn't much of a fighter anymore, Beleskey isn't much of a bully, and surprisingly, Weise has beaten Carcillo before.

I wouldn't mind Rechlicz, but we have Sestito, so I doubt Mg would choose him over Sestito.... However, one tough guy I have wanted on this team for a while is Ryan Reaves in Stl. Basically he's Volpatti but bigger, better at fighting, and can actually get the puck out of his own zone.

If I read this list correctly.

I can see three ex Canucks, bubble players at best.

If Gillis is so bad at his job, why did the guys he let go so prematurely (in some cdc posters eyes) not catch on with other teams?

Kinda thinking Gillis isn't as bad as a lot of us make him out to be. Just doesn't know how to trade to save his life

Archived