The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[WAIVERS] TSN's Official Waiver Page Sept 29th

Warhippy

If I read this list correctly.

I can see three ex Canucks, bubble players at best.

If Gillis is so bad at his job, why did the guys he let go so prematurely (in some cdc posters eyes) not catch on with other teams?

Kinda thinking Gillis isn't as bad as a lot of us make him out to be. Just doesn't know how to trade to save his life

Sestito doesn't take his role serious enough, he looks like a giant pillsbury doughboy. Torts said his conditioning is bad and is a below average fighter that doesn't intimidate anyone. I actually fear for Sestito and Weise for games against the Lames and Soilers this season lol.

Rechlicz is an actual, legit heavyweight. Sorry to anybody that think Sestito has some sort of untapped potential. He's on our team to be an enforcer, and he can't even play that role properly. Sestito is NOT the real deal. Waive Sestito and pick up Rechlicz is my vote.

I can honestly say that Weise may even be a better fighter than Sestito. I almost barfed as I typed that.

Rechlicz is an actual, legit heavyweight. Sorry to anybody that think Sestito has some sort of untapped potential. He's on our team to be an enforcer, and he can't even play that role properly. Sestito is NOT the real deal. Waive Sestito and pick up Rechlicz is my vote.

I can honestly say that Weise may even be a better fighter than Sestito. I almost barfed as I typed that.

I just noticed, apparently today the team waived Niklas Jensen.

Anyone find any other word on this? Just a blurb on the bottom of a TSN story about Hansens re-signing

Nicklas Jensen, Vancouver's 29th overall pick in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, was put on waivers. If he clears waivers he'll join the AHL's Utica Comets.

I just noticed, apparently today the team waived Niklas Jensen.

Anyone find any other word on this? Just a blurb on the bottom of a TSN story about Hansens re-signing

Nicklas Jensen, Vancouver's 29th overall pick in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, was put on waivers. If he clears waivers he'll join the AHL's Utica Comets.

Why would we want a player who's going to throw vicious headshots and send people to the hospital after convulsing on the ice having a seizure? That was a disgusting play, and I wouldn't want this guy anywhere near the Canucks organization.

MG's work has been nigh on untouchable this last year. Horvat and Shinkaruk drafted (and already so good that they're last to get cut). Santorelli, Richardson, Eriksson for nothing. Hansen, Schroeder and Tanev re-signed for ridiculously cheap. Dalpe and Welsh for a 4th (Tochkin doesn't even count he was so insignificant). Now we'll just see what the waiver wire brings.

Wouldn't mind seeing the Nucks swap in Cormier and swap out Weise or Sestito.

He's very strong in the faceoff circle (for a 23 yr old), is a hard working, physical player who is a pain to play against. I think he has a lot more defensive and skillset upside than those wingers, and he can be a second center on the fourth line who can take draws and handle the shutdown role better imo. Given the number of decent quality players without contracts out there, it's not much of a risk to give a guy like Cormier a shot.

Archived