The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal (EDM and BUF)

I’ve been thinking about it today and looking at the Oilers team. Many top analyst like to place EDM as a playoff team this year and a cup contender in the coming years. Oilers have been “rebuilding” for the last 4 years and when I look at EDM down the middle and I don’t see them making a playoff run anytime soon. Their top 2 centers are too small and soft. Nuge and Gagner are not even on the same level when compared to a E. Staal/J. Staal or Crosby/Malkin or a Kopitar/Richards or even Sedin/Kesler 1,2 punch. So I’ve come up with an idea of how EDM can improve their top 6. This will not immediately make EDM cup favorites as they have other holes on their team that need to be fixed as well but this would build a solid core that can be used to make a push in the playoffs.

To EDM

Grigorenko

Vanek

To BUF

Eberle

Hemsky

BUF Top 6

Eberle - Hodgson – Stafford

Leino – Ennis - Hemkey

EDM Top 6

Hall - Nuge - Vanek

Perron - Grigorenko – Yak

Break Down

BUF benefits as Hodgson and Eberle who’ve dominated WJ would be reunited together. They get a return for Vanek who is likely on his way out as a UFA next season.

EDM Although he’s in my opinion EDM best player, Eberle would need to be included to make this trade happen. They gain a big center in Grigorenko who also had success with Yakopov in WJ. They also get a pure sniper in Vanek where Nuge could be the perfect setup man.

Or does…Look more appealing to both teams,

To BUF

Yak

Gagner

To EDM

Hodgson

Vanek

BUF Top 6

Yak - Grigorenko – Stafford

Leino – Gagner - Ennis

EDM Top 6

Hall - Hodgson – Eberle

Hemkey - Nuge – Vanek

Looks more appealing for EDM not sure if BUF would go for it. EDM is still would need some more size in the top six in my opinion.

I think the pieces are there to better both teams maybe something here or there needs to be added to work it out.

Honestly i think they just need to round out their D. Maybe wait until next offseason because odds are they miss the playoffs this year when their #1 centre is a winger right now. Who knows maybe Nurse is good to go next season.

Any trade involving Edmonton probably involves Yak to be honest. They got their top 6 pretty well set, should look to shoring up their depth maybe.

Archived