The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Team is fine when Horvat gets the 3c

Merci

It's kind of obvious this season is going to be a struggle, it's a new system, we have no bottom 6, and Higgins and Hansen are not 2nd liners.

I am not sure how Sammuellson and Raymond were so easily tossed aside but I guess that's in the past now. I have a feeling the Canucks should purposely miss the playoffs this year and get a top 5 pick, in the process of the Core getting the system, and all 5(6) prospects can have another year to mature.

I think the next position we need to go after is a 3LW, someone who drives the net hard and will create opportunities, they have to be big and there are several players available in next years draft that show this.

T6. Nick Ritchie

2013-14 Team: Peterborough League: OHL Position: Left Wing Height: 6'2" DOB: Feb. 9, 1996 Weight: 218 lbs

Nick is a powerful player and when he is skating and driving hard, he is extremely difficult to stop. He has a nose for the net and will take the puck to the net and can score with a very good shot or in tight around net. Very good along the boards and can quickly win a puck battle and create an scoring chance. With his skating and size, he opens up lots of opportunities for his line mates. Players like him, are not common.

Leon Draisaitl

2013-14 Team: Prince Albert League: WHL Position: Left Wing Height: 6'2" DOB: Oct. 27, 1995 Weight: 178 lbs.

Leon is a blend of skill and power and comfortable in either element. His skill derives from excellent hockey sense and the ability to make plays and recognize what is unfolding. His power is more along the lines of being hard to deter and imposing himself on opponents, with a serious determination to make a difference. Skating is good with much room to improve. A Top 2 line type forward.

9. Michael Dal Colle

2013-14 Team: Oshawa League: OHL Position: Left Wing Height: 6'1" DOB: June 20, 1996 Weight: 184 lbs.

Michael has the abilities to impact the game in multiple ways. Very good skater with speed and power and with his size, is the type of player who can 'go where he wants.' Smart and can make plays and has good puck skills in passing and shooting. Appears to be very comfortable on the wing and can create advantages for the team along the boards, at the net and with his skill. Players with these attributes are coveted.

Draft either of these 3 and our line up looks like

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Shinkuruk Kesler Burrows

Ritchie Horvat Hansen

Then we trade Booth, Higgins, 2nd to Clb for Nick Foligno

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Shinkuruk Kesler Burrows

Ritchie Horvat Hansen

Foligno Gaunce Richardson

Jensen

Edler Garrison

Hamhuis Bieksa

Tanev Corrado

Weber

• Have tons of cap space to sign every rookie

• Our Bottom 6 finally has size with Horvat Ritchie Foligno and Gaunce all being huge

• We have 3 serious Bombs on the defense

• Everyone knows how to hit throughout the entire line up

• Everyone knows how to drive the net

How about this.

the team is fine if we just get rid of 70% of the fans and 90% of their media coverage?

or the team is fine if you just sit back and enjoy the ride.

or my personal favorite, the team is fine when Schroeder and Kassian get back and everyone slots in where they're supposed to at which time they'll know the system Torts wants them to play and Torts becomes accustomed to general play out west on a full time basis? How about the team IS fine but our fans cry overmuch about everything from ice time to skate colour.

When Schroeder gets back and slots into either the 2nd line or 3c position there by moving everyone where they belong and the team starts to roll like they usually do mid October star of November then no issues right?

How about this.

the team is fine if we just get rid of 70% of the fans and 90% of their media coverage?

or my personal favorite, the team is fine when Schroeder and Kassian get back and everyone slots in where they're supposed to at which time they'll know the system Torts wants them to play and Torts becomes accustomed to general play out west on a full time basis? How about the team IS fine but our fans cry overmuch about everything from ice time to skate colour.

When Schroeder gets back and slots into either the 2nd line or 3c position there by moving everyone where they belong and the team starts to roll like they usually do mid October star of November then no issues right?

How about this.

Hey guys, I think Merci might have something here. Clearly teams that win their first game or two of the season are going to win the cup, while teams that lose the first couple are up s**t creek.

Look for the Jets, Panthers, Leafs, Wild, Avelanche, and Coyotes to make it to the conference finals (mathematically impossible) and for two which will meet in the Stanley Cup Finals!

Merci post and thread fail.

Archived