The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sometimes, the truth really does hurt.

whytelight

Just a couple of opinions and observations:

1. Our Canucks never did deserve to be in the SCF in 2011. The team back then let go a 3-0 lead in R1 and a 2-0 lead in the final. Cup contenders don't let leads like this slip away. So, IMO, we were actually never meant to be cup contenders....we were lucky, not good. The reality hit us after two quick first round exits. Because of our 2011 cup run, fans, players, and management were tricked into thinking "we're just a few pieces away". In reality, we're really far away from being true cup contenders. Our expectations, IMO, should be average. I really won't be surprised if we're battling for a last playoff spot this year.

2. Most of would agree that any one of us or our sisters could of coached the 1996 AV's to their Stanley Cup. Their team was stacked and made the coach (Crawford??) look pretty damn good. IMO, our team made AV look good. Too bad we didn't have a better coach.

3. Our team would look a lot better if the Sedin's were second line players. When they were playing behind the WCE, we had a kick ass team. Too bad our defense and goal tending sucked. Maybe, when the Sedin's are demoted to 2nd line minutes, we'll have a young and fast scoring 1st line. I hope, at that time, RL will still be top 5 in the league and our D can hold together.

4. We have a BIG problem when Hansen and Higgins are our 2nd line players. This worries me. I hope our bottom 6 proves me wrong.....but I'm not optimistic.

5. Our current team has way too many "if's" for me to feel confident. If RK stays healthy.....If Booth and Kassian can score.....IF RL can put up big numbers for us.....IF some players have career seasons...maybe we'll be the "fairy tale" team this year.

Didn't the Blackhawks come back from a 3-1 deficit against Detroit last playoffs? Are you going to say either of them are not "cup contenders"? What happens when two cup contenders go head to head? Someone has to let it slip by, and that doesn't mean they weren't contending. Your logic is flawed.

Any team would be a lot better if their first line was their second line.

1. Our Canucks never did deserve to be in the SCF in 2011. The team back then let go a 3-0 lead in R1 and a 2-0 lead in the final. Cup contenders don't let leads like this slip away. So, IMO, we were actually never meant to be cup contenders....we were lucky, not good. The reality hit us after two quick first round exits. Because of our 2011 cup run, fans, players, and management were tricked into thinking "we're just a few pieces away". In reality, we're really far away from being true cup contenders. Our expectations, IMO, should be average. I really won't be surprised if we're battling for a last playoff spot this year.

2. Most of would agree that any one of us or our sisters could of coached the 1996 AV's to their Stanley Cup. Their team was stacked and made the coach (Crawford??) look pretty damn good. IMO, our team made AV look good. Too bad we didn't have a better coach.

3. Our team would look a lot better if the Sedin's were second line players. When they were playing behind the WCE, we had a kick ass team. Too bad our defense and goal tending sucked. Maybe, when the Sedin's are demoted to 2nd line minutes, we'll have a young and fast scoring 1st line. I hope, at that time, RL will still be top 5 in the league and our D can hold together.

4. We have a BIG problem when Hansen and Higgins are our 2nd line players. This worries me. I hope our bottom 6 proves me wrong.....but I'm not optimistic.

5. Our current team has way too many "if's" for me to feel confident. If RK stays healthy.....If Booth and Kassian can score.....IF RL can put up big numbers for us.....IF some players have career seasons...maybe we'll be the "fairy tale" team this year.

The Canucks won the PTrophy in 2011 (so YES they deserved to be in the SCF).

While you view the Canucks blowing a 3-0 series lead over the Black Hawks? (as a failure) I view the 4-3 win over the Black Hawks as a team victory. Remember we had lost two PLAYOFF series to the Black Hawks the previous two seasons, and Lu had sucked big time.

Getting past the HAWKS was key for the team to move forward.

For you to say this team was never meant to be CUP contenders just frosts my ass. I am too worked up right now to properly reply.....But you have pushed my buttons.

Archived