The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Need some Legal Advice - Anyone in Law Enforcement or Lawyers on here?

J529

264.1. Uttering threats

264.1 (1) Every one commits an offence who, in any manner, knowingly utters, conveys or causes any person to receive a threat

(a) to cause death or bodily harm to any person;

(B) to burn, destroy or damage real or personal property; or

© to kill, poison or injure an animal or bird that is the property of any person

264.1. Uttering threats

264.1 (1) Every one commits an offence who, in any manner, knowingly utters, conveys or causes any person to receive a threat

(a) to cause death or bodily harm to any person;

( B) to burn, destroy or damage real or personal property; or

© to kill, poison or injure an animal or bird that is the property of any person

But knowing the Doctor he would deny he ever sent the email or made the Thread. Especially since he is no longer employed at this. Health Authority.

Ironic thing too is that he just happened to leave Health Authority when I filed Formal Complaint with Health Authority Patient Quality Care Office at around the same time.

Sure. Deputy Hodor. Done.

In all seriousness though (and I know I don't know the whole story but assuming you're correct) hopefully your complaints were at least recorded and the interaction caused the guy to tighten up his act.

Three things:

• First, I'm a lawyer (but I'm not YOUR lawyer).

• Second, for God's sake, don't look for legal advice here. Any actual lawyer isn't allowed to give it to you without the proper confidentiality agreements etc. If you're concerned about your safety, go to the police.

• Finally - you cant "press charges" in Canada. That's not how it works. You can go to the police (as I mentioned) and then they'll investigate. It's out of your hands at that point. If you want, you can sue him in a civil action, but you'd have to show some kind of damage (which you probably can't show at this point).

But knowing the Doctor he would deny he ever sent the email or made the Thread. Especially since he is no longer employed at this. Health Authority.

Ironic thing too is that he just happened to leave Health Authority when I filed Formal Complaint with Health Authority Patient Quality Care Office at around the same time.

Archived