The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is it possible to recall Shinkaruk from junior?

luongotv

I was thinking about this earlier too, on an emergency basis where we can't ice 12 forwards before a game, and we're unable to dress someone by game time I believe we could bring him up. In this context i'm thinking Sunday's game vs Calgary, where if Burrows limping continues to be an issue and one of our D goes down (god forbid), I think we could snag him from Medicine Hat, and use the excuse that he was closer than any Utica call up. Far-fetched, I know, but we've seen shadier things from Gillis.

Only in an emergency situation can a player be recalled from junior. Not only do we have to be out of replacements, the Comets have to be in a position that if they sent a forward to us their roster would be short. It's extremely rare for any team to have that many injuries.

Only in an emergency situation can a player be recalled from junior. Not only do we have to be out of replacements, the Comets have to be in a position that if they sent a forward to us their roster would be short. It's extremely rare for any team to have that many injuries.

Archived