The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Regarding Edler

luongotv

I have heard a lot of discussion that people would like to see Alex Edler get traded to bring in a 2nd line forward or 2 NHL quality forwards. Personally, i believe if we take out Edler, we lose our best defenceman and we then must rely on tanev to take up a top 4 spot.

Edler has still been prone to some gaffes in his end but has also been fairly consistent under Tortotella. He is a great defenseman and will have a very good year.

If the team can get everyone to play like they played last night, there is no need to trade for another forward. That's chicken little talk, nothing more.

I have heard a lot of discussion that people would like to see Alex Edler get traded to bring in a 2nd line forward or 2 NHL quality forwards. Personally, i believe if we take out Edler, we lose our best defenceman and we then must rely on tanev to take up a top 4 spot.

Trading a top 4 blueliner for a forward or forwards is a bad idea.

First of all, this team has one top 6 spot that could be considered a competition - and they have Hansen, Kassian, Schroeder, and a couple younger prospects who could potentially earn that spot.

They've just spent their last 5 first round picks on centers and wingers - the majority of their youth depth is at those positions.

The Canucks have a few solid blueline prospects, but imo it's a bad idea to thin out the blueline.

The only way I'd entertain dealing Edler, or Bieksa or anyone else on the blueline is if a quality young NHL ready defenseman comes back in a deal - with a prospect as well - otherwise it doesn't make much sense.

Trading a top 4 blueliner for a forward or forwards is a bad idea.

First of all, this team has one top 6 spot that could be considered a competition - and they have Hansen, Kassian, Schroeder, and a couple younger prospects who could potentially earn that spot.

They've just spent their last 5 first round picks on centers and wingers - the majority of their youth depth is at those positions.

The Canucks have a few solid blueline prospects, but imo it's a bad idea to thin out the blueline.

The only way I'd entertain dealing Edler, or Bieksa or anyone else on the blueline is if a quality young NHL ready defenseman comes back in a deal - with a prospect as well - otherwise it doesn't make much sense.

Archived