The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Peter Laviolette fired this morning

Mackcanuck

They should clean the whole house. Wasn't Laviolette's call to trade Carter and Richards for rookies. Schenn and Couturier have yet to live up to the expectations.

Holmgren is also responsable for the Bryzgalov/Bobrovski's fiasco. Should have know Pronger wasn't eternal as well.

Holmgren is desperate and will do anything to try to right the ship. Maybe it's time to try to pry Hartnell, Voracek, Schenn or Simmonds out of them.

Even though the shelf life of an NHL coach isn't long, it still sucks to see anyone get fired. Hopefully he lands back on his feet soon.

As for Holmgren making desperate trades trying to right that ship, hopefully it involves Simmonds for Edler (as much as I like him).

He's a good coach, but like AV lost control of the locker room and players weren't responding anymore. I was expecting him to get fired sooner.

Dave Naylor on Twitter:

"If you might fire your NHL head coach after 3 games, you shouldn't start the season with him."

you know I watched two of their games and even though they lost they looked alright. yesterday they just couldn't finish. simmonds had a half empty net they hit a couple posts and mason let in a fluke. but I do think a coaching change will help.

I think the real problem lies with the cranky old man breathing down Holmgren's neck at the press conference this morning, Ed Snider.

Philly is an impulsive organization and that come straight from the top. This is something like the 11th coach in 20 years, that's freakin' ridiculous.

Also, unless Berube was being groomed for the job long term, this is a dumb move timing wise, they should have figured this out in the offseason.

Archived