The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Comets' Season Opening Roster Set

Ossi Vaananen

Hey - didn't see a topic so I made one. I figure it's worthy of discussion and inevitable line jumbling predictions.

Here's the official announcement: http://www.uticacome...ght-roster-set/

The Comets are going with 13 forwards, 10 defensemen and 2 goalies. Of the 25 players, 22 are on contract with the Canucks ( !!!) and 3 on contract with the Comets.

The team consists of 25 players: 13 forwards, 10 defensemen, and two goaltenders. Those players are:

Forwards: Darren Archibald, Ludwig Blomstrand, Brandon DeFazio, Benn Ferriero, Alex Friesen, Alexandre Grenier, Zach Hamill, Kellan Lain, Alexandre Mallet, David Pacan, Pascal Pelletier, Colin Stuart, Jeremy Welsh.

Defensemen: Peter Andersson, Alex Biega, Jeremie Blain, Frank Corrado, Sacha Guimond, Patrick Mullen, John Negrin, Adam Polasek, Yann Sauve, Henrik Tommernes

Goaltenders: Joacim Eriksson, Joe Cannata

I don't know if Lain would be used as a center, i think he'll probably be shifted to the wing. my best guess on the lines (which is probably completely wrong, and i have no clue how Green will use them) is the following:

1	Colin Stuart		Zach Hamill		Pascal Pelletier

2	Brandon DeFazio		Jeremy Welsh		Alexandre Grenier

3	Kellan Lain		Alex Friesen		Benn Ferriero

4	Darren Archibald	Alex Mallet		David Pacan

Ludwig Blomstrand				

1	Peter Andersson		Frank Corrado		

2	Henrik Tommernes	Patrick Mullen		

3	Yann Sauve		Alex Biega		

John Negrin		Jeremie Blain		

Sacha Guimond				

1	Joacim Eriksson				

2	Joe Cannata				

DeFazio showed more than Stuart in his time during the preseason and prior. I doubt Archibald will be on the 4th, and I think Mallet is higher on the depth chart than Friesen, but I guess that's to be determined. Pretty sure any of the latter defencemen you listed would get a spot on the bottom 6 over Biega.

DeFazio showed more than Stuart in his time during the preseason and prior. I doubt Archibald will be on the 4th, and I think Mallet is higher on the depth chart than Friesen, but I guess that's to be determined. Pretty sure any of the latter defencemen you listed would get a spot on the bottom 6 over Biega.

I don't know if Lain would be used as a center, i think he'll probably be shifted to the wing. my best guess on the lines (which is probably completely wrong, and i have no clue how Green will use them) is the following:

1	Colin Stuart		Zach Hamill		Pascal Pelletier

2	Brandon DeFazio		Jeremy Welsh		Alexandre Grenier

3	Kellan Lain		Alex Friesen		Benn Ferriero

4	Darren Archibald	Alex Mallet		David Pacan

Ludwig Blomstrand				

1	Peter Andersson		Frank Corrado		

2	Henrik Tommernes	Patrick Mullen		

3	Yann Sauve		Alex Biega		

John Negrin		Jeremie Blain		

Sacha Guimond				

1	Joacim Eriksson				

2	Joe Cannata