The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bloody Crybabies!

Nuxfanabroad

Saw too much harpin' & moanin' around here, when they sent the KIDS back to jrs. People were bashing MG with regularity. Had they kept the kids, Santo wouldn't have had the opportunity. Probably Stanton too, bc of the 23 man limit. If Dalpe does anything, Gillis reclaims official GENIUS-status. LEARN FROM THIS, bashers/haters(ones who CLAIM to be Van-fans)!!...

Saw too much harpin' & moanin' around here, when they sent the KIDS back to jrs. People were bashing MG with regularity. Had they kept the kids, Santo wouldn't have had the opportunity. Probably Stanton too, bc of the 23 man limit. If Dalpe does anything, Gillis reclaims official GENIUS-status. LEARN FROM THIS, bashers/haters(ones who CLAIM to be Van-fans)!!...

I didn't mind sending the kids down, but we can't finish the season getting 3 minutes out of our 4th line.. Some players will come back but undoubtedly one or two more will be injured. Too early for Gillis to kick his feet up and claim victory.

Or, c'mon MG! Ya gotta' SIGN Brunner, Prospal, Gagner, Morrow, Redden, Steckel, etc, etc...

We wouldn't have any cap space now. We actually DO have more youth; which people called him on, claiming "he lied" after kids were sent to develop...

Far as I'm concerned, this summer he tap-danced thru a mine-field(Torts, dealt Schneids, HUGE draft, 64.3 mill), whilst simultaneously grabbing a few sweet goods in a bargain bin. Good on ya' MG(& Gilman!)!

I have never understood this board, if you criticize anything to do with the Canucks, you arent a fan?

I have been a Van fan more years than I care to remember, I even have Canuck underwear, I bleed Green and Blue, but I still see fit to criticize some of the decisions made by coaching and management , its my right as a fan and makes me no less of one.

I dont think Mike Gillis will ever be considered for Genius status, thats a little much as this thread is after 4 games, we could be 1-1-2 if you think about it...but anyway, I enjoy the wins and we are off to a good start...go Canucks.

In fairness, wanna' add that many excellent posters(who know this game's detail a lot more than I) have suggested very sensible acquisitions. They've made sense, but haven't come about, for whatever reason. But with almost every deal MG/LG have made, we've all uttered, "Who?!", & had to quickly research the players we've obtained.

Let's face it, mgt are doing homework STUDIOUSLY.

Let's face it,the Canucks were never in the initial game of the season,we got whipped 6-2 by an Edmonton team that has not seen the playoffs for eight seasons followed by 40 minutes in a barn where our team did not even show up against a Flames team that has not made the playoffs each and every one of the last four seasons.

Tonight the TEAM1040 kept saying late into the second period that the Canucks were not willing to play on the boards (pay the price) where NJ makes their bread and butter,despite the Devils having lost on the road in overtime less than 21 hours prior to puck drop.

The twins and Luongo were the difference in this game and have been for many years now.

I am relieved that Booth and that B.C. boy Santo have come to play.That bodes well for the team going forward.

Overpowering your opposition in but two out of 12 regulation periods played suggests something other than the irrational exuberance the OP is demonstrating.

Gillis never earned GENIUS status but Mike has sent you the cheque,anyways.

Archived