The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Haze / Smog at Beijing

He-Man

I had heard the news stories about the smog /haze here at beijing... wow its bad

an hour before landing. i could not see the sun clearly as we were approaching beijing

and once i landed it smells bad too. its Grey all over.. not just the sky but also everywhere.

Remember Vancouvers smog before Air Care came in? Its been 20 years so most wont remember the air quality index on the radio every morning. Yeah it was a real thing. They are fazing it out Air Care in 2014. Since new cars have much better emissions controls we can assume the smoggy old days wont return.

In Athens we came out of the train station in the evening and I thought there was a building on fire close by it was so bad. Smoke everywhere all the time. Up on the Acropolis you can look down on the city and see the brown/grey haze covering everything. Thats a city with no pollution control for you.

^ Depends I guess, When I was in Athens Summer of 1990 there was no smog when I was there it was really nice but there wasn't global warming and climate change the weather was always good back then. The good ole days before the internet and iphones.

I had heard the news stories about the smog /haze here at beijing... wow its bad

an hour before landing. i could not see the sun clearly as we were approaching beijing

and once i landed it smells bad too. its Grey all over.. not just the sky but also everywhere.

Archived