The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Has anyone experienced cyber-bullying/stalking?

Dasani drinker

With Oct. 10th being World Mental Health Day and a lot of that focus also surrounding cyber-bullying/cyber-stalking which has caused so many young people to, sadly, take their own lives... have any of you experienced or dealt with a cyber-bully or cyber-stalker? Either in your younger years or as an adult.

I've dealt with this extensively for the past 2 years now. My cyber-stalker has done everything from tarnish my reputation online, writing horrible things wherever she can about me, from accusing me of being wanted by the FBI, to actually forging my name in articles, documents and text messages, online & off. ...I even have difficulty finding jobs because of the terrible things this person has spread about me all over the web.

The problem? She's in the United States, and according to the RCMP it is much more difficult to prosecute someone had this individual resided in Canada like I do. So I basically just have to deal with the constant abuse and the RCMP's laziness because of the A) cross-border issue, and also the fact that they have (and this is what they told me verbatim) "better things to do than deal with online bullying."

It's no wonder so many people have been committing suicide, and it breaks my heart to see it happen continuously. IMO, the RCMP are LAZY.

I guess in a way I am kind out "outing" myself here, but I've written about everything thats gone on on my own blog from start to finish in 2 articles here:

http://www.briannechantal.com/blog/2013/04/10/holly-briley/

http://www.briannechantal.com/blog/2013/09/16/addressing-the-grandiose-lies-of-holly-briley/

Lol I see internet Bullying everytime I log into CDC.

But seriously,

That's awful to hear that you are stalked/Cyber-bullied, however there may be some options through private sector companies that you actually pay to go around and remove all the false information about you online.

You can always contact:

http://www.internetreputation.com/

I think it would be worth it to explain your situation to them and see what they can do. Although you will have to pay money, if this is preventing you from finding work it may be worth it.

Another thing you could always try to do is contact the person doing it. Maybe appeal to them that this really has affected your life and ask if there is anything you can do to have them stop with all of this. I know you probably don't feel like being civil to someone like that but what's the harm if it will get them to lay off?

Lol I see internet Bullying everytime I log into CDC.

But seriously,

That's awful to hear that you are stalked/Cyber-bullied, however there may be some options through private sector companies that you actually pay to go around and remove all the false information about you online.

You can always contact:

http://www.internetreputation.com/

I think it would be worth it to explain your situation to them and see what they can do. Although you will have to pay money, if this is preventing you from finding work it may be worth it.

Another thing you could always try to do is contact the person doing it. Maybe appeal to them that this really has affected your life and ask if there is anything you can do to have them stop with all of this. I know you probably don't feel like being civil to someone like that but what's the harm if it will get them to lay off?

From http://www.cyberbullying.ca/

If you are the victim of a cyber bully who has set up and Web site that is defaming, or mocking you, contact the Internet Service Provider and inform them about what is happening, also inform the police. Use the "WHOIS" search tool to help you in the manner describe above.

If this is a large Web hosting company, it may take a long time to get a response and a promise of action. ISPs are often very reluctant to act in such cases. Unfortunately, some people have only received a response, or seen such cyberbullying Web sites taken down after the threat of legal action.www.cyberbullying.ca is trying to work with the Canadian telecommunications Industry to act in a more responsive, proactive way.

With Oct. 10th being World Mental Health Day and a lot of that focus also surrounding cyber-bullying/cyber-stalking which has caused so many young people to, sadly, take their own lives... have any of you experienced or dealt with a cyber-bully or cyber-stalker? Either in your younger years or as an adult.

I've dealt with this extensively for the past 2 years now. My cyber-stalker has done everything from tarnish my reputation online, writing horrible things wherever she can about me, from accusing me of being wanted by the FBI, to actually forging my name in articles, documents and text messages, online & off. ...I even have difficulty finding jobs because of the terrible things this person has spread about me all over the web.

The problem? She's in the United States, and according to the RCMP it is much more difficult to prosecute someone had this individual resided in Canada like I do. So I basically just have to deal with the constant abuse and the RCMP's laziness because of the A) cross-border issue, and also the fact that they have (and this is what they told me verbatim) "better things to do than deal with online bullying."

It's no wonder so many people have been committing suicide, and it breaks my heart to see it happen continuously. IMO, the RCMP are LAZY.

I made a comment about him making fun of religious people, thinking it was you, because you (used to?) make fun of religious people. Point of my comment being that you ARE the cyber bully. Nevermind, it was all quite sophisticated in my own mind

I think I saw "JR" as last poster in another thread, which was just above or below this one, and assumed it was this one

nevermind

FORGET IT

I've taken all of the steps people have suggested, and it's gotten to the point where it has just gotten so exhausting that I can't even be bothered TO deal with it anymore. I do have a lawyer... but that was for a matter completely unrelated to this and had to do with medical malpractice lol.

To the person who said the stalker/bully feels "wronged" by me, yes, in a way they do as it all started when myself and others called them out on something - but they went and took things to the extreme by doing what they're doing. Not only have they forged my name in things online, but they've also lied about their own communication with authorities (something the authorities even called them out on.) This person has or at one point had an entire blog dedicated to me and even provided the communication they had with the RCMP. See image below.

6f63da13.png

She says it's "not" her blog but her contact information is listed on it and the WHOIS goes back to her, plus she openly admitted to it being her blog before. Lots of backtracking going on by her, basically.

I guess in a way I am kind out "outing" myself here, but I've written about everything thats gone on on my own blog from start to finish in 2 articles here:

http://www.briannech...0/holly-briley/

http://www.briannech...f-holly-briley/

She's even gone after Carol Todd, who I personally know! It's unbelievable.

She even tried to extort a lawyer :lol:http://didprinniedoit.wordpress.com/briley/

I'm in constant communication with one specific officer and send any communication I receive from this individual to them, but like I said, after a while it just gets to be exhausting.

Archived