The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Best coffee shops in downtown Vancouver?

Dasani drinker

Buzz cafe at smithe & homer, smart mouth on water st. are the two that I tend to go to quite a bit.

Chains: Cafe Artigiano (best espresso, delicious food), JJ Bean (great healthier choice snacks), Bean Around the World (decent for food, soup and sandwich deal for $6.95, fairly cheap not the best)

Coo Coo Coffee, Davie street by Emery Barns park. Best around hands down...at least for me.

Screw Starbucks however the Mainland and Davie starbucks has a Clover unit (10K dollar single cup brewer) that most starbucks dont have. It does make some fine coffee. I Go to this starbucks for this and only this.

Coo Coo Coffee, Davie street by Emery Barns park. Best around hands down...at least for me.

Screw Starbucks however the Mainland and Davie starbucks has a Clover unit (10K dollar single cup brewer) that most starbucks dont have. It does make some fine coffee. I Go to this starbucks for this and only this.

People in Victoria go to:

Discovery

The Parsonage

Bows and Arrows

Heist

Cafe Fantastico (any location, their quality is consistently inconsistent)

My top 5

I also roast my own beans occasionally, so my opinion is partial to th e espresso roast I prefer. Dark, roasty, and sweet. Not too bright, not to bitter. Balanced and delicious.

Read and enjoy fellow Victoria-ites.

I used to hit Wicked Cafe for Cappuccinos and Liege Waffles a few years ago. Stopped going when they started selling homemade frozen waffles, and I never knew much about beans back then.

I really miss the coffee shop that Tomas Haas ran at the Hotel Vancouver (wasn't it). The coffee was automatic shyte, but the truffles were dynamite!

@McMillan: I think it was Hotel Georgia, pre renovationts, and not Hotel Vancouver, thanks for reminding me. Speaking of that, since Christmas season is only 3 ish months away, Thomas Haas used to have the best Stollen in the city.

Its not downtown downtown but If you are ever are around the PNE and want to go to a nice coffee shop. I highly recommend the Laughing Bean on Hastings and Slocan. It has the BEST London fog I have ever had and the staff is always super nice to plus just down the street is the Canuck's Pro shop so you can find cool canuck stuff for cheaper then the other team stores.

Archived