The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Edler and a pick/prospect for Marc Staal & Chris Kreider

tebeaun

I think Marc Staal would be available (I know his recent injuries may be a concern) and I like Kreiders size and game. The salary trade off would be about a wash and I think Edler would enjoy the anonimity of New York as well as being reunited with his coaches and receiving a fresh start.

It would give us more size and potential upside in a bottom six role and a stay at home defenseman. I believe Kreider will improve each year based on his skill set. His upside is top six.

It would provide New York with some offensive upside from their back end with Edler which they could use.

My main concern would be Staal's injury past but that is one of the reasons New York may do this deal.

Tell me, why would I want Marc Staal over Edler?

And then why would I want an unproven 22 year old prospect in Kreider when I have Kassian, Schroeder, Jensen, Guance, Dalpe, Horvat, Shinkaruk waiting to crack our lineup?

And then you suddenly realize, what a terrible trade idea this is.

Tell me, why would I want Marc Staal over Edler?

And then why would I want an unproven 22 year old prospect in Kreider when I have Kassian, Schroeder, Jensen, Guance, Dalpe, Horvat, Shinkaruk waiting to crack our lineup?

And then you suddenly realize, what a terrible trade idea this is.

I want Staal partly because Edler can't make a pass out of his own zone or hit the net with his shot. Mostly because he looks lost and can't seem to get his game back.

But the real reason is Jensen wont make this team in a top six role anytime soon in my opinion, Gaunce is in Junior and is slow Shinkaruk is top six, Horvat is in Junior and will likely take the 3rd line center spot and Schroeder is a smallish center. Kreider has hands, can skate, has size and is defensively responsible. He is also a left wing unlike Kassian who is a right wing. Kreider is why I make this deal.

A clue for you everybody ices the puck as well as miss the net once in awhile. As far as being lost in his own end all our D are adjusting to a different system. Another clue for you he looks like he is over his back injury that has plagued him for a year. Another clue for you he has a NTC.

Archived