Canucks Community

Odd man out?

sting

When/if we become completely healthy.

Who gets waived and sent down?

My opinion is Sestito and here's why.

2yr deal scares teams off so he clears.

Kassian can replace his toughness.

Not good enough for playoff hockey and fills one role.

Just gave up a 4th for Dalpe.

Opinions????

Everyone seems to be on the Schroeder bandwagon?

Sorry, Im not..he is talented,,sure but small and has played very few NHL games,, how can you pencil this guy in as our big saviour when he has done nothing?

Enlighten me please, I will understand.

For those of you complaining Schroeder is to small or won't make an impact or any of that. he's not been able to play with Kesler full time yet. He's actually on a size scale with St Louis and the once great Theo Fluery.

And about this whole he only scored 9 measly points last year. A guy named Messier one time only scored 33 points in his rookie year and in his first 2 "seasons in the league" St Louis only scored 20 points, his first full season in the league only 40. Tell me Calgary wouldn't like to have him back now.

Added, imagine the frigging outcry on this forum and amongst fans if Schroeder was lost via waivers over tom frigging sestito or Dale Weise!

OMg GMMG out GM'd again for months every goal or point Schroeder scored would result in a thread about how we just let him walk and so on and so forth.

Schroeder is not the odd man out, Sestito Dalpe or Weise would be because Schroeder's sample size is just way way to small to call him a loss at this point.

My guess.....the Canucks have twenty five players on the roster. When all are healthy or not suspended, two have to go. My guess would be Jensen and Dalpe. If Schroeder is exempt from waivers, he will go down instead of Dalpe. Jensen is definitely waiver exempt, so he goes down for sure.

I'd actually keep Sestito and take Weise out, with certain conditions. Hansen and Higgins already play the speedy, rugged checking role that Dale does, plus they're also similarly-sized players, while Tom's bigger and, with the right fire lit underneath him, he can probably play a role similar to Kyle Clifford's, with physicality and the ability to be a tough force to move from around the net. That trait is important to have with such a small, skill-oriented bottom 6. If Tom indeed delivers I'd keep him on the 4th.

Dan - Hank - Kassian

Booth - Kes - Burrows

Higgins - Schroeder - Hansen

*Sestito - Richardson - Santorelli

/Dalpe

For those of you complaining Schroeder is to small or won't make an impact or any of that. he's not been able to play with Kesler full time yet. He's actually on a size scale with St Louis and the once great Theo Fluery.

And about this whole he only scored 9 measly points last year. A guy named Messier one time only scored 33 points in his rookie year and in his first 2 "seasons in the league" St Louis only scored 20 points, his first full season in the league only 40. Tell me Calgary wouldn't like to have him back now.

Added, imagine the frigging outcry on this forum and amongst fans if Schroeder was lost via waivers over tom frigging sestito or Dale Weise!

OMg GMMG out GM'd again for months every goal or point Schroeder scored would result in a thread about how we just let him walk and so on and so forth.

Schroeder is not the odd man out, Sestito Dalpe or Weise would be because Schroeder's sample size is just way way to small to call him a loss at this point.

Archived