The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Besides Jensen And Corrado Which Comets Player Will You Be Keeping An Eye On

Southpop45

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just thought id do a poll on this.

I have a feeling the general consensus is going to Mallet or Erickson.

But a guy i'm real interested in is offensive d-man Sacha Guimond. He showed a lot of promise in prospects camp and tourney. As well he won the ECHL rookie d-man of the year award last year. I think there is quiet a bit of potential there and i cant wait to see what he can do in the AHL. what do you think he tops out as or is he in your mind a bust?

what do you guys think?

Blomstrand, Tommernes, Andersson - almost all of the D down there - both goaltenders in Cannata and Eriksson. Beyond Jensen, their forward crop just isn't sexy, I don't see a viable call up. It's good we have solid C depth with H. Sedin, Kesler, Santorelli, Richardson, Schroeder and maybe Dalpe. Beyond that, I really question what we could bring up to fill a void at C.

Blomstrand, Tommernes, Andersson - almost all of the D down there - both goaltenders in Cannata and Eriksson. Beyond Jensen, their forward crop just isn't sexy, I don't see a viable call up. It's good we have solid C depth with H. Sedin, Kesler, Santorelli, Richardson, Schroeder and maybe Dalpe. Beyond that, I really question what we could bring up to fill a void at C.

Lain for the most part as well as the two goalies.

Not to get off topic but please lets stop over using words like "bust"

A player who wasn't drafted in the first round can truly not be a bust. Especially the example the OP gave. Very late pick and spent his rookie season in the ECHL the fact that in his second year he's already made the jump to the AHL means he's nowhere near a bust.

Lets reserve that term for the Patrick Whites and Alexandre Daigle's of the world.

I'm hoping for a long playoff run so maybe Hunter and Gaunce get a chance for some pro games.

Archived