The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mike Williamson's Penn State Nittany Lions

Salmonberries

Are playing tonight. Started at 5pm. BTN, channel 157 (Shaw). Williamson may not be playing tonight, didn't see him listed. This may be an omission though, you'd think an NHL draft would play every night for a young program like Penn State unless there's a problem of some sort.

So we'll see, I guess.

I haven't seen the guy play, but seeing as he was putting up less than half a point per game in junior I'd be inclined to agree that he is not an offensive force.

and who said he was an offensive force? the point is there is no reason to write him off, and if you notice, no one is pumping his tires either. i'm going to do what i've done with every 6th round pick we've ever had and wait n see.

Having a young Hal Gill would be bad how?

That is what he looks like and plays like, my nephew is near there for school and watched a few games.

He is 6'3, also do you know what a comparison is? He isn't Hal Gill but he plays like it.

in the ncaa seniority takes precedence.

Just like Beattie last year for the NCAA champion Yale Bulldogs. he only played 15 games, and none in the playoffs.

Yup, speaking of Beattie, I just looked him up on Yale's website and saw that he's listed as 6'3 190 now.

That's a solid gain from the 6'3 173 he was at the draft. Hopefully he gets to play more this year.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived