The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Forget this season, get excited about the next.

Silfverberg Snipes

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows/ Kassian

Shinkaruk - Kesler - Burrows/Kassian

Higgins - Horvat- Hansen

TBA - Richardson - TBA

Admittedly I've been a major pessimist about this current Canucks lineup (not without good reason of course -_-) but after thinking long and hard about how to milk the current lineup I realized that we shouldn't have to. It'll be a grind but I think if we can push through this year unfazed, we'll be in amazing shape for a rebound season. Though I think we're still short a tad on skill I think it would be the first time since the finals we would have a legitimate second and third line, tweener free.

Kesler gets two wingers that are more than capable of embracing the playmaking role and Horvat gets two work horses flanking him that have proven chemistry and can chip in offensively. Not to mention Jensen could make a push next year after a disappointing camp this time around.

Have you written off this season yet?

Writing them off is silly and not really supportive. I do agree that that it won't be easy to make the playoffs, but we should make it. San Jose and Chicago and maybe st louis and LA ,are the only teams that are clearly better than us on paper and SJ on the ice so far, twice, but in years past many teams, including us, have lost when they/we were favoured in the playoffs. Horvat and shinkaruk both look like they'll be great players. Jensen, gaunce and Schroeder(yes him) with some luck and good development, can also become good to great players. I just hope these young guys get good quickly; especially while the sedins remain elite. They sure could use some help. There's nothing better than playing on a team knowing that there's other great players on the team that can score. I've played hockey my whole life, and now in the beer leagues in my later days. No matter what level u play at, u love getting off the ice knowing that the next line(s) can score some goals too. Sedins need that right now, and I'm thinking that the fans would love that too

Writing them off is silly and not really supportive. I do agree that that it won't be easy to make the playoffs, but we should make it. San Jose and Chicago and maybe st louis and LA ,are the only teams that are clearly better than us on paper and SJ on the ice so far, twice, but in years past many teams, including us, have lost when they/we were favoured in the playoffs. Horvat and shinkaruk both look like they'll be great players. Jensen, gaunce and Schroeder(yes him) with some luck and good development, can also become good to great players. I just hope these young guys get good quickly; especially while the sedins remain elite. They sure could use some help. There's nothing better than playing on a team knowing that there's other great players on the team that can score. I've played hockey my whole life, and now in the beer leagues in my later days. No matter what level u play at, u love getting off the ice knowing that the next line(s) can score some goals too. Sedins need that right now, and I'm thinking that the fans would love that too

Archived