The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What if two hypothetical things happen after this season?

vcrguy

I suspect the Sedins will re-sign with us after this season and probably at less than FMV as they seem line genuine, classy good guys who aren't just worried about $.

But what if they don't? What if they leave for another team because of contract, term, the direction the team is heading, Torts' coaching, etc.

What if Luongo leaves after this year? I can definitely see this happening as to this day he still doesn't say he "wants" to be here.

If those two things happen, what do we do?

I suggest we become Calgary West and going into instant rebuilding mode.

You can get good pieces back for Kesler (perceived value), Higgins, Hamhuis, Edler, Bieksa.

You slot those pieces in with Burrows, Booth (untradable), Hansen, Kassian, bring up a few young guys like Horvat, Jensen and Corrado from the minors and in a few years we would probably be a much better more rounded team than we are now.

Of course MG would have to go, but Torts could stay as he does well with young players.

Thoughts?

Sorry but reality hurts guys...............we can drink and smoke all day long, but its not going to change what's going to happen.

We can sit in a dark room, cross our fingers and pray that we'll be a great team, but you know what, we might not be.

I suspect the Sedins will re-sign with us after this season and probably at less than FMV as they seem line genuine, classy good guys who aren't just worried about $.

But what if they don't? What if they leave for another team because of contract, term, the direction the team is heading, Torts' coaching, etc.

What if Luongo leaves after this year? I can definitely see this happening as to this day he still doesn't say he "wants" to be here.

You can get good pieces back for Kesler (perceived value), Higgins, Hamhuis, Edler, Bieksa.

You slot those pieces in with Burrows, Booth (untradable), Hansen, Kassian, bring up a few young guys like Horvat, Jensen and Corrado from the minors and in a few years we would probably be a much better more rounded team than we are now.

Of course MG would have to go, but Torts could stay as he does well with young players.

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Depends on where contract negotiations are. If halfway through the season the team is doing miserable, and the Sedin's do not want to sign here regardless. Then see if we can trade them and try and get some serious value for them. (with the Sedin's giving a list of teams they'd like to go to)

The only issue is trading both the Twins is $12.2 million in salary cap. There is only so many teams the Sedin's would want to go to, and it would be hard to find proper value.

I hope it doesn't get to that.

Archived