The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL GAMECENTER live is only $99?

Pouria

So I want to watch all the Canucks games since am not in Vancouver. The price is only $99, so did they reduce the price? Last time the price was $160 which was way too expensive for me. Although now I have a reason to buy it to watch all the Canucks games. Does anyone know if game center works in Manila?

So I want to watch all the Canucks games since am not in Vancouver. The price is only $99, so did they reduce the price? Last time the price was $160 which was way too expensive for me. Although now I have a reason to buy it to watch all the Canucks games. Does anyone know if game center works in Manila?

It's always cheaper outside of North America. We get soaked for it here.

Speaking of which, after weeks of trying to get an answer out of the Canucks regarding bringing back CanucksTV, I've given up.

Now I see they are advertising Gamecenter Live on Canucks.com which is really irritating since I live in BC making that service 100% useless.

$igned up for an "alternative" streaming service the other day.

They beeotch and moan about people using "other" sites while at the same time not giving people without cable who live in the same region their favourite team plays in, any other option.

Typical. :rolleyes:

That's the thing. The fanbase in the teams home town (Province in this case) gets screwed because any "legit" online streaming service you pay for will always black out the games in that area.

It all has to do with the cable companies and them not wanting to get screwed out of any revenue.

What they fail to grasp is that not everyone has access to and/or is willing to pay for cable so they aren't losing money from them anyway.

What's left? : "alternative" streaming sites. Many are free but the quality is low. There are pay sites out there that provide HD (or near HD) streams though and that's ultimately what I decided to do.

I'm willing to pay for a service but if they (the Canucks) decide that they no longer want to offer CanucksTV then ok, someone else will get my money and I don't feel one bit bad about it.

That's the thing. The fanbase in the teams home town (Province in this case) gets screwed because any "legit" online streaming service you pay for will always black out the games in that area.

It all has to do with the cable companies and them not wanting to get screwed out of any revenue.

What they fail to grasp is that not everyone has access to and/or is willing to pay for cable so they aren't losing money from them anyway.

What's left? : "alternative" streaming sites. Many are free but the quality is low. There are pay sites out there that provide HD (or near HD) streams though and that's ultimately what I decided to do.

I'm willing to pay for a service but if they (the Canucks) decide that they no longer want to offer CanucksTV then ok, someone else will get my money and I don't feel one bit bad about it.

Archived