The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[proposal] Simmonds to Vancouver

We can still beat Calgary and Edmonton. But we are going to lose against the Blues, Blackhawks, Sharks, Kings , and probably Ducks.

We can probably still beat the Coyotes and probably Minnesota still even though that is debatable.

We can beat Winnipeg I think.

So we can beat Winnipeg, Calgary and Edmonton and maybe the Coyotes, Minny and on a good day, the Ducks.

I say Gillis needs to go get us more talent. He can start by putting David Booth on waivers.

We can still beat Calgary and Edmonton. But we are going to lose against the Blues, Blackhawks, Sharks, Kings , and probably Ducks.

We can probably still beat the Coyotes and probably Minnesota still even though that is debatable.

We can beat Winnipeg I think.

So we can beat Winnipeg, Calgary and Edmonton and maybe the Coyotes, Minny and on a good day, the Ducks.

I say Gillis needs to go get us more talent. He can start by putting David Booth on waivers.

We don't need Simmonds. You just need to be patient I think, we are going to lose games we aren't the 2011 team and you need to accept it. I keep saying this, let this season move on 1-2 months then look at it. Why make moves so quick?

While Booth for Simmonds certainly won't work in terms of perceived player values, I think it's unfair to say what you did so prematurely, and he deserves more credit than he's given. He's gotten off to a decent start with 2 points in 5 games, while the Flyers as a whole has had trouble scoring; even Wayne, Scott Hartnell, Matt Read and Claude Giroux have been pointless so far! Who knows, David may have a strong season if he's healthy and driving the net hard, and if you waive him who do you magically expect to fill his spot?

Back on topic, I think a center should be targeted if there's going to be a Flyer sale, since I'm still unconvinced about Schroeder or Santorelli up the middle against big centers (Mike's been okay but still), and Richardson as a 4th liner would be quality whereas he's only on the 3rd because we have no one better. Dalpe's been invisible too, and that kind of depth isn't going to cut it for the playoffs. On the wing though I think the team is pretty set, if not overloaded with complementary wingers that bring size, skill and grit (but probably not enough play-makers on the 2nd line).

With everyone healthy, I'd say optimally the forwards look like

Danny - Hank - Kassian

Burrows - Kesler - Schroeder/ Santorelli (either of those play-makers should get a chance with Kes)

Booth - Santorelli/ Schroeder - Higgins (play-maker with two big scoring wingers)

Hansen - Richardson - Weise (speed, fore-checking, some offensive pop)

/Dalpe

Someone like Couturier or Talbot from Philly, or Matthias from the Panthers (he's stuck on the 4th behind Barkov, Goc and Gomez) would be the guys I'd target to fill the 3rd line black hole at center.

Archived