The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Studs and duds

TheOgRook

Studs and Duds  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On this episode of Studs and Duds, I would like to discuss Jason botchfords latest botch job of a report.(Thornton vs Botchford)

Personally I have always had a problem with his negativity, cockiness, and inability to write a creative article. He completely crutches on controversial stories and will even make something out of nothing if things are "slow". His latest gaff broke a huge locker room code, even though I thought joes comment was funny and put into perspective how stupid it is to be blowing this hurtle 'tween the legs goal a little silly. It was truly another weak attempt by botchford to stay relevant.

Ok.. So this is my first post...please don't flame me too bad as I'm on the iPad and I usually leave the posting to the pros... This was something that was really bugging me and didn't see a topic .. :P I'm a daily reader and enjoy everybody's opinions :)

Botchford is pathetic. More than half the things he writes are not credible and just plain stupid making the left overs he rights that have some truth not worth reading just because of his horrible reputation.

Honestly, I've never read any of his stuff before but just hear how stupid he is. It's enough to save me the hassle of reading it, especially when majority of the residents in BC hate him. Surprised he hasn't left town...must love being hated.

Botchford is pathetic. More than half the things he writes are not credible and just plain stupid making the left overs he rights that have some truth not worth reading just because of his horrible reputation.

Honestly, I've never read any of his stuff before but just hear how stupid he is. It's enough to save me the hassle of reading it, especially when majority of the residents in BC hate him. Surprised he hasn't left town...must love being hated.

You know you are screwed, when Piere Lebrun disagrees with you. Lebrun is usually pretty fair, but he squashed Botchford like a bug, right in his face. All Botchford could do, is nothing.

Botch has always made up his information anyways. I gave up on him completely, when he said his Justin Schultz info, and we all found out later that it had absolutely no truth to it. What is a writer without credibility? A nobody. This Thornton incident shows he's an amateur. He even says, he wants to stir up controversy and that's his job. Look, this is hockey. If you want to create controversy, go be a lawyer and go join TMZ.

No credibility, No class, no connections. He'll be out of a job soon. I was surprised he felt the need to leave Team 1040. The audacity for such a nobody. He's no different from Eklund though, at least Eklund knows someone.

Hockey is bland off the ice and players are milquetoast at best. So Joe brought some colour to a situation

with an off colour joke. No big deal that Botched reported it, Golf has more colourful characters than the

NHL.

Personally, I wouldn't have reported it only because it wasn't family friendly. That being said, Thorton didn't say it to someone in a private conversation nor did he in any way indicate it was supposed to be off limits. Rather, he interrupts an interview in progress to have his naughty little say. And then he gets mad that the reporters he was talking to, all of whom were holding recording devices at the time, actually told people what he said?! Umm, Joe. That's their job.

That being said, I don't get why people were making a big deal about how Hertl scored. He didn't do anything illegal, scored a nice goal for the paying fans and was just enjoying his job. I wouldn't have wanted to be on the receiving end, but that's just sour grapes and not proof that Hertl actually did anything wrong.

Riddle me this for those of you that support Botch putting this to print....Why is it out of all those with cameras and recording devices... He's the only one who publishes anything.. Even when other media outlets talk about the situation they don't quote Joe.. They say.. Off coloured comments.. Now as fans we get to look forward to more cookie cutter answers with this guy trolling the locker room. If everybody in the industry felt it was off limits... It prolly was.

Riddle me this for those of you that support Botch putting this to print....Why is it out of all those with cameras and recording devices... He's the only one who publishes anything.. Even when other media outlets talk about the situation they don't quote Joe.. They say.. Off coloured comments.. Now as fans we get to look forward to more cookie cutter answers with this guy trolling the locker room. If everybody in the industry felt it was off limits... It prolly was.

Archived