The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zack Kassian - Chicago Wolves and Canucks Last Season Videos

duplo

Hey guys,

Just wanted to get your take on some videos I made recently. The last time I posted a video over here I got a lot of good feedback, so I appreciate your comments.

Zack Kassian - Chicago Wolves (2012/2013)

I like to use music like ASAP Rocky in these vids to give hockey hype videos a different flavor. A lot of people who like the music can appreciate it, but you usually have a million people on youtube calling you a butthole for doing it. What's interesting to me now since going back to this vid and cleaning up the lyrics, is Kassian crushes an Ice Hog around the 1:38 mark. Turns out it's Ryan Stanton.

Zack Kassian - Vancouver Canucks (2012/2013)

This is less of a hype video and more of a season recap. It has footage of every goal, assist, fight, and shootout attempt from last season. It's better viewed on the actual Youtube page, where there's a table of contents that has a link to every individual play.

Anyway, let me know what you think! Prince Kasspian returns tonight!

Yeah I'd agree to that especially if Torts doesn't feel that he fits with the Twins in 5-on-5 play (we'll see about that). Kassian actually has pretty decent vision and skating ability, and he can capitalize on the rebounds that opposing goalies may let out from Kes' shots.

Danny - Hank - Burr ($$$)

Higgins - Kes - Kassian (tough line to handle, two play-making wings for Kes who can also drive the net and score themselves)

Booth - Schroeder - Hansen (SPEED, with two play-makers for Booth; they should work down low and do well on fore-checks too)

Weise - Richardson - Santo

I don't get it when he was down with Chicago he was making plays, scoring goals, and landing huge hits then when he plays for the Canucks he just mopes around and stands in front of the net. He has great potential to be one of the best power-forwards in the league but when he gets his chances to play in the top 6 he doesn't perform. I don't get this kid...

Does anyone remember that short stint booth and Kassian played together last year. It was only a couple games and Kesler was out at the time but they seemed to really read each other well. I dont think they got any points but were dangerous every time they were out there..

I've been wanting to see booth Kes Kass ever since. Kesler has hard time finding chemistry with a lot of guys so it's probably a long shot but I got a feeling that line may work.

Does anyone remember that short stint booth and Kassian played together last year. It was only a couple games and Kesler was out at the time but they seemed to really read each other well. I dont think they got any points but were dangerous every time they were out there..

I've been wanting to see booth Kes Kass ever since. Kesler has hard time finding chemistry with a lot of guys so it's probably a long shot but I got a feeling that line may work.

Too much editing IMO - for me, the purpose of a highlight video is to highlight a player's hockey abilities so there shouldn't be anything distracting that takes away from that, and I think the borders and effects take away significantly from Kassian and his plays - so I didn't like that. The most editing I'm willing to accept usually is a filter - ie, sepia, black/white, etc. but nothing that takes away attention from or distorts the hockey highlight itself.

I have no issues with music like ASAP (which I like) in hockey vids and I think people who think hockey highlights should only feature rock music are just ignorant.

As for Zack, I truly don't understand how people can call him a bust. A bust is Steve Bernier - and Zack, even last year, showed better hands, skating, shooting, passing and even fighting abilities than Bernier.

At the least, Zack is a 20G 20A 40P guy with a lot of PIMs. I really see him scoring close to 30G in his prime and around 60P. If he truly developed to his maximum potential, I think he could be a PPG guy - but for that to happen I believe he needs a PF mentor that can teach him the ways - and Vancouver does not have that.

That's why I really hoped that Shane Doan would leave Phoenix and that Vancouver would throw $$$ at him - Shane can still play, and having a guy like Shane to learn from could be the difference between Zack reaching PPG and Zack just being a 60-point guy.

Yeah I'd agree to that especially if Torts doesn't feel that he fits with the Twins in 5-on-5 play (we'll see about that). Kassian actually has pretty decent vision and skating ability, and he can capitalize on the rebounds that opposing goalies may let out from Kes' shots.

Danny - Hank - Burr ($$$)

Higgins - Kes - Kassian (tough line to handle, two play-making wings for Kes who can also drive the net and score themselves)

Booth - Schroeder - Hansen (SPEED, with two play-makers for Booth; they should work down low and do well on fore-checks too)

Weise - Richardson - Santo

Archived