The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Monahan better than Horvat and Shinkaruk or is Vancouver just deeper?

fanfor42

Sean Monahan started the season in Calgary while both Horvat and Shinkaruk got sent back to their junior teams. So far Monahan has 6 points in 5 games with the flames. Horvat has 9 points in 5 games for the London Knights, Shinkaruk has 6 points in 3 games for Mediciine Hat (all prior to tonight's action). In 2012/2013 Monahan had 78 points with the Ottawa 67's while Horvat had 61 points with London and Shinkaruk had 86 points in the Hat. Monahan was drafted 7th overall in 2013, Horvat 9th and Shinkaruk 24th. So, is Monahan simply better than Horvat and Shinkaruk, or is he playing in Calgary because they aren't as deep as the Canucks?

How do you compare a rookie playing in the NHL on perhaps the most shallow team in the league to a rookie who got sent down on a deeper team?

I guess that pretty much answers your question though. Calgary's a very shallow team at this point and cracking their lineup as a first round prospect would be a lot easier.

I'd say Yes at this point he's got more offensive skill & is a better player but Bo will be a very serviceable all arround type of player that every team would dye to have. I'm sure if Monahan was available at 9th we would've have taken him but we didn't have a channce at him anyways.

Also to all those Nischuskin fans who thought he was a hands down better than Horvat, can you tell me his stats at the moment.

Bo & Hunter were both great picks & steals in my opinion.

Archived