The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top 6 F Proposal

So as it obviously looks, we need a top 6 F lol. What are your proposals? Bring in a playmaking 2C and move Kes to the wing? Or bring in a highly skilled 2nd line winger?

I think we have got to move a dman. It's the only way to get a top 6 forward without mortgaging the future. Unless were fine with Gaunce and Jensen gone.

Let's hear some proposals

Prospal would be a great pickup.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Burrows-Kesler-Prospal

Booth-Santorelli-Schroeder

Higgins-Richardson-Hansen

I know most of you wouldn't like Higgins/Hansen on the fourth but stay with me. The first line plays 18 minutes a game, the second plays 16 minutes a game, the third line plays 13 minutes a game and the fourth line plays 13 minutes a game. Having four strong lines is key in the playoffs since if the opposition matched their fourth line against our fourth line then we would more than likely have territorial possession. Also Booth and Santorelli might re-kindle their magic and with two players on that third line that are great along the boards they can retrieve the puck, get it to Schroeder and he can use his great passing ability. The second line would be great as well since Burrows and Kesler have shown to have chemistry and adding Prospal would be great to them as well. The first line would be dynamite all Kassian has to do is go to the front of the net with his stick down.

when we had hodgson coach vigs didn't have the imagination to try a very athletic kesler on the wing ( many of us were promoting this ), but in desperation late last year he put kelser on the wing, what a pathetic short sighted coaching staff we had over the years including the the stanley cup year where vigs was out coached claude julien...

Prospal is not the player he once was unfortunately. Ppl have been talking about him for a few yrs. 2-3 yrs ago, he would have been perfect but that ship has sailed. Not sure y we didn't sign boyes. Cheap one yr contract. We must have thought the kids were ready. Too bad. Alberts for Boyle lol. That would rule but top 3 4th line centres don't just get given away. Sauve and 2nd for Moulson. No way isles give him away for that

Vanek for all those young players and picks is risky. If he signed an extension than I think it would b worth it but otherwise no way. I think our best bet is to trade one of our D. I really like bieksa, as do most but if he were willing to give a small list of traceable teams than he would get us a top 6 player that we would love. Lots of teams would love bieksa, and it usually takes a great player to get one back

Maybe voracek for bieksa or someone like him

Archived