The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Our 4th liners need bigger roles if they are gonna get so few minutes...

Bananas

Niche roles, I mean.

I hadfourtharlier suggestion to put Weber on the fourth line and use him as a 2nd pp unit pivot. I'm starting to feel like our fourth line is a waste of time and money the way it is now.

Weise can pk, Richardson can pk, and Weber can PP.

I kinda just feel like our forth line needs a bigger/defined role. What we have right now is ridiculous.

No team is going to win a cup rolling 2 or 3 lines and a 4th line playing 5 mins. They need to be playing at least 10 mins a game.

Hopefully once healthy, we can have a 4th line of Richardson, Santorelli, and whoever else. That would a very good 4th line.

Niche roles, I mean.

I hadfourtharlier suggestion to put Weber on the fourth line and use him as a 2nd pp unit pivot. I'm starting to feel like our fourth line is a waste of time and money the way it is now.

I kinda just feel like our forth line needs a bigger/defined role. What we have right now is ridiculous.

Niche roles, I mean.

The current fourth line is weak and is a symptom of our lack of overall depth. Yes, when Burr and I suppose, Schroeder, return our depth will improve. But we still aren't as deep as we need to be. The fourth line should be good enough to be capable of playing 10 - 12 minutes a game (see San Jose). Also, it should be a place where guys get sent for dogging it on the higher lines. Additionally, it should be manned by players who are good enough to move up when they show they warrant a chance on a higher line. This creates internal competition and keeps guys fresh. As it is now, the 4th line guys aren't good enough to move up so there is no pressure on the higher lines to produce or be demoted.

The current fourth line is weak and is a symptom of our lack of overall depth. Yes, when Burr and I suppose, Schroeder, return our depth will improve. But we still aren't as deep as we need to be. The fourth line should be good enough to be capable of playing 10 - 12 minutes a game (see San Jose). Also, it should be a place where guys get sent for dogging it on the higher lines. Additionally, it should be manned by players who are good enough to move up when they show they warrant a chance on a higher line. This creates internal competition and keeps guys fresh. As it is now, the 4th line guys aren't good enough to move up so there is no pressure on the higher lines to produce or be demoted.

You'll see our fourth line given a bigger role when we stop losing/trailing in games so much. Our star forwards are getting like 25 minutes a game cause we are always behind/losing.

Dalpe is playing 3 minutes a game that doesn't make him bad. He does nothing cause he has no time to do anything.

Good post. Some of the previous cup winners had some good 4th lines.

Chicago had Kruger-Frolik tandem on the 4th, with any random plug on the wing. They were one of the best PK units in the league.

Boston's Thornton-Campbell-Paille is the best 4th line in the league. Chip in offense, provide physicality, kill penalties... Just great.

Archived